Review by Brypitre -- The Surgeon's Wife

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Brypitre
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brypitre.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Review by Brypitre -- The Surgeon's Wife

Post by Brypitre » 17 Oct 2018, 12:22

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Surgeon's Wife" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“The Surgeon’s Wife” by William H. Coles is a literacy drama with romance and medical elements that create originality and keeps the story addicting to read. It is a story most people can relate to. Not wanting to put the book down, since it is so interesting, and wants the reader to continue flipping the pages. The author Coles did an awesome job telling this tale as if it this really happened in the real world. A great read that captivates every moment, and highlights the issues going on. The chapters are very easy to read, and the words are very well written and the story is very descriptive as the rising plot of the book dives right in. Cole indulges the readers by starting off with the main characters known as Mike and Clayton whose tempestuous relationship shapes the events of this uproaring novel.

The issues that arise in The Surgeon's Wife start off with one of the main characters, Clayton Otherson, making a major mistake during surgery. His former student and the current chair of the OR committee, Mike Boudreaux, tries to protect his mentor, but ethically and professionally he knows that he must protect the patients. A love triangle eventually rises between these two, when Clayton’s wife Catherine seeks love interest with Mike. There are so many challenges the main characters have to face in this novel, which keeps readers hooked from the very moment they begin to read and to the very last page of this enticing story. I really like the fact that Catherine and Mike began their love story, even though it was an accident, I could tell from the moment they met that they really hit off.

For the most part of The Surgeon’s Wife, it gives off a interesting and smooth vibe as the story progresses. The romantic relationship between Mike and Catherine that seem sudden and quick only began halfway in the book. If readers pay attention to the anticipation between them both, have arised earlier in the plot. Overall The Surgeon’s Wife is so intriguing that the romance doesn’t seem unfair when a reader like me grew to love them for different reasons. There’s some interesting stuff that goes on in this book as well, once I became connected with characters suddenly they all just disappeared.

I won’t give that away what happened, so just read to find out if you would like. The story begins to become a little realistic when the surgeons start sticking together, to protect their own, even it meant the lives of the patients were at stake. William H. Coles' The Surgeon's Wife is filled with an in-depth plot powerful characters, and a lot of captivating different topics that could be proposed for discussion with classmates, peers, book clubs, and even friends. There are characters throughout this book that readers can associate with and build a connection towards the author as well.

This story deserves a 4 out of 4 rating . No way it could be a two being this captivating and there is no way it was a three because the escality of the plot, setting, characters relationships, and more has happened. There were no grammatical errors and it was very easy to read. It is a book that someone can relate to perhaps anyone in the medical field or someone who has fallen out of love with their significant other, and by accident fell for someone else. The Surgeon's Wife is a really interesting book that I instantly got hooked on and would read it again! I give this story a 4/4, so yes I highly recommend this one.

The Surgeon's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Brypitre's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”