Review by Esaveni Govender -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Esaveni Govender
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esaveni-govender.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Review by Esaveni Govender -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by Esaveni Govender »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Diary of a Snoopy Cat is a children's book. It is written by R.F.Kristi. The book has beautiful illustrated pictures. The story is about a family of Siberian cats who move from Paris to London. It shows us how much a pet loves its owner. It also teachers us about trust, friendship and the importance of family.

The first part of the book is about Inca and her family. Inca writes the diary. It is 12 days before Christmas. It starts of with a family tree. Inca is a Siberian kitten and she describes her family. Cara is her pretty sister. She is always well groomed, prim and proper. Fromage is her brother who loves cheese. He is a cheese expert. He is very accident prone. He always breaks things and always in trouble. Charlotte is Fromage pet hamster and his best friend. Missy is their owner whose a human. She owns a cheese shop. She lives alone with her cats. She loves them very much. They are all waiting for Christmas because Aunt Florence is coming. She spoils the kitten with lots of presents.

The second of the book is about Inca who wants be a famous defective. She opens a defective agency called " Inca and Campany". Boss is a guard dog. He comes to them with a problem. His owner Ned, is about to loose his house to Cyril. They help Boss find the missing will so Ned can get his house back. Ned loves Boss very much and takes good care of him. He feeds him well and takes him on daily walks to the park. They don't like Cyril. He is very mean,fat and lazy. Inca and her friends named him "The Stinky Porkster".

My favourite character is Inca. She is small but her heart is so big. She helped so many animals and humans. She misjudged all dogs. She thought all dogs were mean. When she meets Boss, she realise that cats and dogs can be friends. I loved the author's description of Cyril. I quote "The Stinky Porkster was perfectly round. His face was as round as his body" unquote. There were too many characters in this book who had small part. The book is well written with few grammer errors.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It is written from a animals point of view. It will appeal to children 8 to 12 years old. They will love the pictures. It is written in simple grammar. It will be ideal for children who just started to read. It will make a great bedtime story.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Esaveni Govender's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It sounds like a very cute tale for children. Sometimes, as adults, we all need a bit of kid in our lives. Perhaps I'll look into reading this one myself. Thanks for your information.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”