Review by kkmitchell -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kkmitchell
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kkmitchell.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Review by kkmitchell -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by kkmitchell »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Final Notice by Van Fleisher is a book that addresses the issue of what would you do if you had 30 days or less to live? What kind of changes would you implement in your life? How would you handle this? Final Notice is about a scientist named Vijay Patel who invents this watch that can be set to 30, 20 or 10 days to have a warning flash starting “Final Notice” when you are about to die. There were 100 different volunteers who participated in the trial of the VT2 watch that monitors heart rate, stress levels and even the changes in your blood. When each character received their final notice they all acted in different manners. Some characters committed murder or suicide and as a result the FBI was brought in to solve the case and see how it all ties into the watch.

I felt it was thought provoking pertaining to your overall individual health. It also covered gun control, age discrimination, racial discrimination and politics. It covered both sides of the issue for and against gun control yet also addressed gun awareness. It addressed racial discrimination from a minority’s perspective. All of these issues are prevalent and identifiable in today’s society. I feel he touched on several issues happening in the world today besides just the main topic.

I liked the fact I could identify with several different issues within the book. The book made you question what you would do if you had the watch and how would you personally handle it. I liked the fact this book stimulated your mind and kept you guessing. It made you think how to implement changes before it is too late. I also enjoyed the gun control and discrimination topics. I am likeminded to the author’s perspective so I could identify where he was coming from in regards to society’s discrimination.

What I did not like about the book was the dog attack and how it portrayed the breed of pit bulls as aggressive. During the story it did come out the dog had rabies but I feel that is just society’s mindset of this breed when it is not true accurate in real life. I also think there was an overabundance of characters to keep up with. There were times I had to stop and reread a line to make sure I was on the same page with the current character.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed the read but it did seem to be a little overwhelming with the multitude of characters constantly being introduced. Despite the fact they tied into the plot and story line it was hard to keep them separate at times. You had to really pay attention so if you are looking for an “easy read” this is not the book I would suggest. It was well written and edited and was anti climatic until the end keeping you entertained within the story line. I would recommend this to any reader who enjoys suspense, thriller, or murder books.

Final Notice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like kkmitchell's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”