Review by Amna12 -- Dragon Born by Ela Lourenco

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amna12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amna12.html
Latest Review: Dragon Born by Ela Lourenco

Review by Amna12 -- Dragon Born by Ela Lourenco

Post by Amna12 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dragon Born by Ela Lourenco is a young fantasy novel which will take you to a world full of magic, where everyone is born with special powers. It is gripping from the moment it begins with an amazing introduction that will surely leave you wanting more. It is aesthetically pleasing with its view of Azmantium and makes you see the world in a different light. It will take you on a journey of self-discovery and what it felt like during the good old days of school.

It is a story of girl named Lara born in this world of magic and how her life changes when she joins the Lantis School of magic. Surrounded by friends and foes alike Lara finds her true calling and a destiny that gives hope but at the same time can lead to destruction depending on the choices she makes. It is a story of belief, innocence, friendship, hope, power and most important of all magic.

I have never finished a book so quickly in my life. It is interesting, fast paced and full of adventure. What appealed to me most is the innocence of all characters but that doesn’t mean they are dumb, Lara is quite mature for her age and the love she has for her sister Talia is the cherry on top. I love the bonding Lara has with her family.I also appreciate the relation that is shown between a student and teacher and how teachers play a vital part in who we ultimately become and how a teacher can increase the interest of a student in a subject. Healer Thomas is a perfectly crafted character.

My only complain about this book is that it ended so quickly, I wanted to read more and more. I wanted to know more about Xan and his family but hopefully we will get it in the next novel. You can’t stop yourself from wanting more. It is full of suspense and the writer knows how to build the reader’s curiosity. It takes you to a world full of wonders.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It is a must read for people looking for adventure, hope and lots of suspense. The only reason I did not give it 4 stars is because there are a few typo mistakes here and there but otherwise it is perfect. The characters are well crafted and likeable from the get go. The visuals and scenery painted by the writer is praise worthy and makes your imagination go wild. You can’t miss this one.

Dragon Born
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Amna12's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”