Review by Vivianne Nat -- The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by Vivianne Nat -- The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by Van112 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Embalmer" by Vincent Zandri.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Embalmer
By Vincent Sandri

Who would have thought that embalming could actually be an art?

Mystery stories give me the thrill.
This book has a plot that is unique. I haven't read anything else that contains this kind of storyline.

The first part of the book is already catchy because of the humor. The writer has a good sense of humor that he is actually trying to bring it out in the book and it is a good thing because it makes the book a little less boring.

The Embalmer by Vincent Sandri has a twist of its own. It is a very interesting story about a man named Steve Jobz. Named upon the man who changed the history of modern technology, you'd think he has everything in life. But you are wrong. Jobz is an ordinary guy who is fighting the same battle ordinary people face in their everyday lives - injustice. After being sacked out from the police force to save someone else's life, Jobz had accepted the fact that he's stuck with his job at the unemployment insurance company which is just enough to make his ends meet. When all of a sudden, his past is trying to make a come back. He was asked to help solve the mysteries of a growing number of killings of woman who were embalmed alive. With his eagerness to get out of his job and have a life, he is about to discover that the embalmer they are trying to find is someone he knows.

I like how the book is written. It is conversational and indeed the writer has the ability to keep the reader’s attention and the excitement going. The characters are actually very relatable. The plot is not out of this world, it is very plausible to happen which makes it more interesting because as a reader you will wonder if how does it happen and what if it does.

Upon reading the book, I was too enjoying to be really bothered by the flaws. There were a few minor flaws or I am not just sure if they were intended to be written in such a way. Example would be the phrase, “I go to leave”. The writer is implying that the character is leaving but someone stops him from doing so.
I suggest stating them in a different way that would make it more grammatically correct. Another one is, “So, who that on the phone”. It sounds like it is missing the word is which it really does. However the writer seems to be wanting the tone to be more natural and conversational. There are some other statements that has missing words. Aside from those noted above, the book is great.

I give this book a rate of 4 out of 4 stars because of the thrilling plot. This is one of those books you can't just put to rest once you chose to read it. This is recommended to those who love mystery, detective and thrilling stories. You will definitely enjoy helping Jobz uncover and solve the mysteries.

The Embalmer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Vivianne Nat's review? Post a comment saying so!
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

Mystery isn't really my thing. I don't usually have the patience and end up turning to the last chapter to see how it turns out rather than sticking with the whole book. A regular Joe turned investigator sounds like a good twist on the norm for mysteries though. I'm sure the book will find it's readers. Thanks for the review!
Books are my self-medication. 8)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”