Review by Ajoke-Ade -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ajoke-Ade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajoke-ade.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Review by Ajoke-Ade -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Ajoke-Ade »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book heartaches by H. M Irwing shows a mixture of murder,romance and rape. Readers who enjoy details would love this as the author carefully brought us in on all of his imagination in explicit .

Anna Simmons-walter and Rafe Brown both bounded by their pain and pleasure strive to break free from all that bothered them into a world of their own filled with love and happiness only, each managing their pain while trying to comfort the other at the same time protect their loved ones too!. The story is a tale of romance,revenge and journey to forever happiness.

Although I don't think the cover properly depicts the story. The introductory chapter can be deceiving, transitioning from gloom to happy to dark to happier. It's confusing that the protagonist seem to enjoy the rape and still wants justice. The repetition of the name Anna at almost every line especially in chapter four really made me lose interest , there was also noticeable errors from spellings. I don't see any continuity, like what happened after the police decided to take the case back home?, how exactly did the Preston get to the military school?,were they thralling Anna?, did Anna's mother just let her go with Rafe? .

The idea that the author brought into focus on the psychological effects of rape on the victims is amazing, Anna could not tell if she was forced or was willing at the time,neither could Rafe, the pain, confusion,guilt and shame was well detailed, it feels like I was in Anna's head :D , I like the fact that they found love again, after all the betrayals,and are trying to move forward while paying dues to their perpetrators.

The author brings us from past to present, sharing the concealed pain the characters carry , suppressed anger fueling revenge and a "disguised murder".Although I like the concept of romance, rape and murder which is not a common mix, I don't want to continue reading.

I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars , the last star for am holding majorly for poor editing.

Heartaches
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ajoke-Ade's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”