Review by Anju_9 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anju_9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anju-9.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Review by Anju_9 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Anju_9 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole is the first book in the World on Fire series which consists of total four books.

The story starts with the Reverend aka Arthur meeting a woman named Frieda. They are a part of an organization dealing with demons and maintaining peace on Earth. She tells him that three of their organization's girls are missing along with a lot of other people. They believe that a demon unknown to them is kidnapping people, making the world darker and filling it with crime. Frieda asks for his help and after a lot of convincing, he agrees. With her help he goes in search of those missing people and comes across a church in a haunted town where he finds what he was searching for, but didn't expect what was in front of him.

A few months later in Arizona, a guy named Hatim Arison is living alone in his apartment and trying to stay as far away from his family as possible. He blames his father for the death of his sister which led him to separate himself from his family. He dislikes how his father never pays attention to his family and was not able to save his sister when they had time. One day a man approaches him asking him to pursue a girl and collect evidence against her, claiming that her mission is to kill the man. After determining the pros and cons of the situation, Hatim agrees to help the man.

But the man was hiding secrets from him that leads to the point where Hatim has to save his own life to survive the world he is into.

This novel has fantasy, paranormal activities and gory scenes that can be cringe worthy for some readers but not as cringe worthy as I thought they would be for me. The plot is brilliant and precisely written. It was difficult for me to understand the prologue, but slowly I realized the story line and how are the prologue and the main story connected.

This is a foundation book which I found very intriguing. Every character is significant in the book and there are no loopholes. The story is in the third person perspective which was very helpful to know what was going on in a character's head. There was nothing that I disliked about this book.

The novel doesn't have any grammatical or spelling error. The gory scenes written in this novel are not that disturbing, so I recommend this book to the readers of all age. This is a novel worth reading and I appreciate the author for writing this book. There was nothing that I didn't like about this book. It is edited professionally and doesn't have any part where I felt down or not reading the book anymore.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of the above reasons. I would love to read the next installment in this series. It was an absolute pleasure to read this novel and I could definitely say that this is one of the greatest thrillers/horror/crime novels with a bit of supernatural element to it.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Anju_9's review? Post a comment saying so!
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

I just finished reading this book and I absolutely loved it..an amazingly written book with intriguing characters.
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”