Review by k2kelliher -- Betrayal of Faith by Mark M. Bello

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
k2kelliher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2kelliher.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Justice by Mark M. Bello

Review by k2kelliher -- Betrayal of Faith by Mark M. Bello

Post by k2kelliher » 10 Oct 2018, 20:24

[Following is a volunteer review of "Betrayal of Faith" by Mark M. Bello.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Betrayal of Faith by Mark M. Bello is an emotional, heart-wrenching, and powerful book.

Jennifer Tracey is a young widowed mother who is just trying to do her best raising her two sons without her husband who died in an industrial accident. She relies on her faith and her local church to help her provide her sons, Kenny who is 14 and Jake who is 12, with the male role models that they are missing. The trust that she puts in the church results in her sons being raped by a priest on a youth group camping trip. Jenny, an attentive and loving mother, notices that something isn’t right. After a local psychiatrist uncovers the truth, she is determined to help her sons get the healing that they need while ensuring that Father Gerry does not hurt another child.

At times this book was tough to read. What the boys went through in the book is unbearable and unforgivable. A man that they should have been able to trust, violated their trust and violated them in every way unimaginable. But, the way that this book tugs at your heartstrings makes it very difficult to put down. This was a special book that lured in the readers.

I highly recommend this book for anyone who likes crime novels. It would also be a great read for anyone who is interested in legal dramas. The only complaint I could have with this book was that at times it felt like there was too much legal information. The courtroom scenes and legal scenes were a little drawn out.
But, someone who has a legal background could find this to be a good thing.

This book is not for the faint of heart. There are a lot of scenes in this book that are disturbing and upsetting to anyone who may be upset or triggered by sexual assault. There are scenes in this book where the young boys are required to explain what happened to them when they were raped by their priest and these scenes were painful to read. Although I found this book to be fantastic, I feel like that warning is necessary for anyone who may want to read it. But, if you can get past the sensitive subject matter of the book, it is absolutely worth it.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars; it is a must-read and I will definitely be reading the other books in this series.

Betrayal of Faith
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like k2kelliher's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”