Review by Lucas Kalinic -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lucas Kalinic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucas-kalinic.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Review by Lucas Kalinic -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Lucas Kalinic »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 2" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As the adage goes, Justice delayed is justice denied. Social justice is one of the fundamental values in our society. In the novel Heartaches 2, the author unravels Anna and Rafael pursuit of justice. They want justice against their wrongdoers. They are both victims of rape, albeit at the hands of different persons. Anna had been raped by Matt Preston whereas Rafael is raped by Eric Dayton. The latter sounds ironical, a police officer entrusted to protect and enforce the law is at the forefront in brutalising the law.

However, the justice system is frustrated by the high and mighty of the society. Characters like Eric Dayton and The Preston get away with many crimes. They are drug lords. Unfortunately, they cooperate with policemen tasked with law enforcement to evade the justice process. That absolutely defeats the purpose of justice. Moreover, the manner in which they collar Anna into dropping the charges instituted against them is well calculated.

I loved characters like Anna, Pat and Rafael. They share a heartening friendship. Though Rafael is jealous if Pat due to the close connection she has with Anna, he is still concerned about him altogether. Anna and he accompanies Pat to his parents to help explain to Pat's parents on his Gay sexual taste. That is a friendship that is concerned for each other feelings. They are understanding. Moreover, Anna reaction when Rafael is in danger is picture of someone seriously disturbed and Willing to do anything to solve the problem. She agrees to drop the charges against the Preston's if it is the only condition to guarantee Rafael release by his Captors.

Additionally, In as much as I hated Eric Dayton, iI found myself laughing at some tricks he employs to get back at Rafael and Anna. He allows Rafael to win the wrestling match, and he thereafter comes back and caught him unaware. That results into his capture by Dayton men. The condition for his release us to have Anna drop her case against the Preston.

I would give this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. It was a fair book. There are fee typo errors and I think that was a plus. Moreover, I think the book's character development was incomplete considering there's is still a third series of this book. I will surely read the third series of these book. I would recommend this book to teenagers and young adults. The novel touches in books themes are directly relay to them- teenage relationship, drug smuggling. This are vices that must be shunned if at all our democracy is to prosper.

Heartaches 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Lucas Kalinic's review? Post a comment saying so!
Princess Clara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princess-clara.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Princess Clara »

Comprehensive work
David Koreas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-koreas.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman