Review by Sahani Nimandra -- This Nearly Was Mine: A Novel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Re: Review by Sahani Nimandra -- This Nearly Was Mine: A Novel

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

ParadoxicalWoman wrote: โ†‘08 Oct 2018, 23:30
Sahani Nimandra wrote: โ†‘08 Oct 2018, 08:14
ParadoxicalWoman wrote: โ†‘08 Oct 2018, 07:55 I think I could use this book as my light reading. I can relate with your view on casual sex but since I have read so much chick lits that include casual sex or one night stand thing, I no longer appalled by the idea of it like I used to before. Thanks for the detailed review of this book.
Really! What changed your idea about one-night stand, or casual sex?
People having casual sex is no longer surprising to me because this not only happen in the West but also in my country. I still remember vividly about my previous housemate who living this way and proud of it. I don't mind with her lifestyle nor judging her but I told her that it's better for her to not bringing guys when I'm around in the house. However, I will be surprised and give high respect to those who willingly choose sex abstinence before marriage.
Wow! I can sure respect that. :tiphat:
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Samisah
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samisah.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Samisah »

Having read this review, it is obvious the book is not so special. I wouldn't want to read a book that i would struggle to cope with.
Sahani Nimandra

Samisah wrote: โ†‘09 Oct 2018, 05:23 Having read this review, it is obvious the book is not so special. I wouldn't want to read a book that i would struggle to cope with.
:D I believe you might not, nice seeing you around. Thank you for commenting!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Samisah
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samisah.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Samisah »

You are welcome!
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

As I finalize my story, I couldn't help but laugh at the absurd remark made by my mum saying, "You better not let your daddy read this!" And I believe you can guess why.
Got caught, eh? ๐Ÿ˜‚
I won't let someone caught me reading books with explicit scenes and languages. Else, I might get knocked on my head. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Going back to the topic, I wonder why Nancy gave this book a title "This Nearly Was Mine". Which was nearly hers?
Sahani Nimandra

Dolor wrote: โ†‘09 Oct 2018, 19:51
As I finalize my story, I couldn't help but laugh at the absurd remark made by my mum saying, "You better not let your daddy read this!" And I believe you can guess why.
Got caught, eh? ๐Ÿ˜‚
I won't let someone caught me reading books with explicit scenes and languages. Else, I might get knocked on my head. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Going back to the topic, I wonder why Nancy gave this book a title "This Nearly Was Mine". Which was nearly hers?
Ohhhhhhhhh! I did not consider the title; good point! I'm glad you enjoyed my review. Thank you for commenting!

Oh! Ya, Red handed, Big time! :D
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

I am happy that you enjoyed the book. I do not think that I would pick this one. About your mum's comment...that was funny but "You better not let your daddy read this!" :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Sahani Nimandra

Jgideon wrote: โ†‘10 Oct 2018, 22:47 I am happy that you enjoyed the book. I do not think that I would pick this one. About your mum's comment...that was funny but "You better not let your daddy read this!" :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
I felt really out of bounds when I read this book so I understand what you mean. Thank you for commenting! :tiphat:
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Hey! Don't get me wrong; we were young and wild at our carefree days. Surely you must have encountered such interesting and hot moments in your life, behind closed doors, I guess.
From a married woman's point of view, I should honestly acquiesce to admitting that you're quite right. There are things meant for one's private spaces and audience suitability ratings with age and maturity in mind exist for a reason, indeed. Thank you for your light and candid review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Sahani Nimandra

Espie wrote: โ†‘15 Oct 2018, 02:35
Hey! Don't get me wrong; we were young and wild at our carefree days. Surely you must have encountered such interesting and hot moments in your life, behind closed doors, I guess.
From a married woman's point of view, I should honestly acquiesce to admitting that you're quite right. There are things meant for one's private spaces and audience suitability ratings with age and maturity in mind exist for a reason, indeed. Thank you for your light and candid review.
Thank you for commenting, dear! Yes, that's true.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

I'm wondering whether there is more to the memoir than Anne's affairs and boyfriends. Thanks for the compelling review all the same.
There is more treasure in books than in all the piratesโ€™ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Sahani Nimandra

Cotwani wrote: โ†‘16 Oct 2018, 06:03 I'm wondering whether there is more to the memoir than Anne's affairs and boyfriends. Thanks for the compelling review all the same.
Why don't you try that out? I believe you will find the answer. Thank you for commenting!
fernsmom
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom »

Great review (like always!). :tiphat:
Although your review on the book was outstanding and you did say the characters were as well, I don't think it is one I'll want to read. Don't think the combo of memoirs, one-night stands and rattling off one boyfriend after another sounds appealing to me.
Sahani Nimandra

fernsmom wrote: โ†‘14 Nov 2018, 23:19 Great review (like always!). :tiphat:
Although your review on the book was outstanding and you did say the characters were as well, I don't think it is one I'll want to read. Don't think the combo of memoirs, one-night stands and rattling off one boyfriend after another sounds appealing to me.
Yes, true! Such behavior isn't entertained by me either, but unexpected reads as this what's make it so great. Thank you for commenting!

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€