Review by BookReader+6 -- The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Review by BookReader+6 -- The Reel Sisters

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

I admire your thoroughness in reviewing. I say, even the typographic spacing format did not escape your scrutiny. It is very commendable for anyone to be so observant, especially to details. Here is a book putting women in lieu of men in this manly sports. It is not an obscure fact that fly fishing could entail long journeys, and boat rides, even against the rapids at times. Or, in the wilds, anyone could be exposed to the vagaries of nature or threats of injuries or death from predatory animals. However, there is this chance of rediscovering one's self in periods of silence while waiting for a bite or the whole process of soul searching afforded by the solitude in these places away from the grind of city living. Thanks for sharing.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The book sounds very interesting. I don't know much about fly fishing, but I think I can get a valuable information about this sport. Thanks for this great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

CommMayo wrote: โ†‘10 Oct 2018, 12:15 I really like your suggestion of adding a way finding map. Those and family trees can be so helpful in books.
I agree. Thanks for stopping by!
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

Noraine Alissa Poria wrote: โ†‘10 Oct 2018, 12:18 I have read this book. It is so nice and interesting. The 4 women have different attitude and characteristics but they fit in with each other so well, like they were soul sisters.
It was like they were soul sisters, good point. Thanks for commenting!
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
(1466-1536)
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

jcoad wrote: โ†‘10 Oct 2018, 12:28 Great inclusion of the "wading for" line. I really enjoyed this book for all the same reasons as you described. There is something for everyone in this book. I'm glad to see another fan and great job laying out why everyone should pick up this book!
We seem to have similar tastes in books. Thanks for your comments!
(1466-1536)
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

ReyvrexQuestor Reyes wrote: โ†‘10 Oct 2018, 22:17 I admire your thoroughness in reviewing. I say, even the typographic spacing format did not escape your scrutiny. It is very commendable for anyone to be so observant, especially to details. Here is a book putting women in lieu of men in this manly sports. It is not an obscure fact that fly fishing could entail long journeys, and boat rides, even against the rapids at times. Or, in the wilds, anyone could be exposed to the vagaries of nature or threats of injuries or death from predatory animals. However, there is this chance of rediscovering one's self in periods of silence while waiting for a bite or the whole process of soul searching afforded by the solitude in these places away from the grind of city living. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! Your comments on fly fishing are very interesting! I've never been fly fishing, but between the book and your enthusiasm, it makes me want to go.
(1466-1536)
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

Sarah Tariq wrote: โ†‘11 Oct 2018, 00:13 The book sounds very interesting. I don't know much about fly fishing, but I think I can get a valuable information about this sport. Thanks for this great review.
There are great tips on the sport in this book; you'll learn a lot. Thanks for stopping by!
(1466-1536)
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

This quote is truly remarkable: "You never know when one conversation can change your entire journey." The four main female characters in the book are also really interesting.

Great review!
โ€œ...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.โ€
โ€• Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

Samy Lax wrote: โ†‘11 Oct 2018, 23:16 This quote is truly remarkable: "You never know when one conversation can change your entire journey." The four main female characters in the book are also really interesting.

Great review!
That truly is a very memorable quote. Thanks for stopping by!
(1466-1536)
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Great review, it sounds like a very interesting, character-driven story and informative on fishing to boot!
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

Helen_Combe wrote: โ†‘12 Oct 2018, 09:40 Great review, it sounds like a very interesting, character-driven story and informative on fishing to boot!
It is both! Thanks for stopping by!
(1466-1536)
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Nice, thorough review! I particularly enjoyed your opinions since I also read and reviewed this book several months ago. I agree that the book's focus is on characterization, although the fly fishing theme is woven through the story. I like your suggestion of including a map to show the places where the different characters lived and got together.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I did a lot of fishing while growing up, so this title interested me. Your summary of the book makes it look like a good read. Think I will have to reel this one in! Thanks for a great review.
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

bookowlie wrote: โ†‘15 Oct 2018, 09:39 Nice, thorough review! I particularly enjoyed your opinions since I also read and reviewed this book several months ago. I agree that the book's focus is on characterization, although the fly fishing theme is woven through the story. I like your suggestion of including a map to show the places where the different characters lived and got together.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I'll check out your review!
(1466-1536)
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

kdstrack wrote: โ†‘17 Oct 2018, 08:16 I did a lot of fishing while growing up, so this title interested me. Your summary of the book makes it look like a good read. Think I will have to reel this one in! Thanks for a great review.
Definitely "reel this one in", it should be right up your stream since you like fishing!
(1466-1536)

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€