Review by KitabuKizuri -- White Jaguar by Preben Orman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Review by KitabuKizuri -- White Jaguar by Preben Orman

Post by KitabuKizuri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "White Jaguar" by Preben Orman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

White Jaguar is a fictional investigative thriller written by Preben Ormen. The book has ninety short chapters ideal for quick read-bites convenient for those on the go.

Inspector Marco Nayal from the Mexican federal police investigates the death of a middle-aged man. He got a call after the man’s body was found by a farmer on the way to the market within a mangrove by the river. Apparently, the farmer had gone there to answer the call of nature when he noticed something odd in the mud nearby. Together with his colleagues Chuy, Ramirez, Florence (science division) and Leo (forensics), Inspector Marco got to work on a possible murder case.

The clues they gleaned from the mangrove led them to the discovery of the man’s identity: Eduardo Miguel Garcia Pedrasa, AKA Lalo, CEO of a high-tech company with the acronym NANDEC. They found out that he was working on some kind of nanotech which would be a game changer in the competitive global agribusiness market. As they followed the trail of clues, they find out that there was much more to the case than mere robbery confirmed by the increased tally of bodies related to the case. The comisario (commissioner) is not impressed by the turn of events. He puts pressure on Marco to solve the case quickly to save face and avoid political backlash. Inspector Marco pushes forward all the same and gets more than he bargained for.

The author has managed to come up with an entertaining book packed with a fairly unpredictable storyline. I liked the fact that I was captivated most of the time by the challenges that the main characters were confronting in the course of their investigations. Since the idea of nanotech is new in the minds of many ordinary people, the explanations and descriptions of what they are and their potential generally add to the interest in reading this book. This is brought out well by the investigating team characters that had no idea about them from the beginning. There are other aspects like suspense, twists and an unexpected end to the story that makes the book a great read.

Those who like stories to do with criminal investigations, technology and action will like this book. I recommend it to them. Those not into fiction may not like it. There weren’t any cuss words or adult situations in the book apart from passing mention of queer associations between characters uncovered by the investigations. I think the book is good for anyone old enough to distinguish right from wrong.

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars overlooking spelling errors that would pop up here and there on my epub review version. I’m not sure the author’s main language is English yet the editing is great. The most current copies of the book could have these errors ironed out by now.

White Jaguar
View: on Bookshelves

Like KitabuKizuri's review? Post a comment saying so!
Janalyn101
Favorite Book: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janalyn101.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by Janalyn101 »

I'm so happy I found this review.it sounds so good. You don't find many about Mexico.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

Well-written review! I am no expert in criminal terminology, but this book intrigues me!
Janalyn101
Favorite Book: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janalyn101.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by Janalyn101 »

This book seems to be right up my alley.great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”