Review by A778girl -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
A778girl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a778girl.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Review by A778girl -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by A778girl »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The story of Anna is one of pain, survival, and love. From the start Anna has had to overcome demons and heartache. She is a strong and loyal woman who despite having everything go wrong in her life, she still ends up finding love. All seems hopeless and lost.

Every man that Anna has met has hurt in her in some way. Starting with her step-brother; and the suspicion that he might be a murder. This man is definition of a monster and a bully. The actions that he takes towards Anna is despicable. His character and the things he does towards Anna makes you want to reach through the book and strangle him. He is the complete description of a corrupt man.

When Matt comes into the picture, there is a glimmer of hope that she has found love. However, this quickly turns sour. He is another monster that will become a demon in her life. At first he is a dream lover and someone that will save her from the sadness and pain that she is feeling. One night at a party with Matt, her life is turned upside down. She becomes a damaged soul. All hope seems to be lost for her. But, again Anna is a survivor.

Struggling with everything that happens to her, Anna finally opens up to Rafe. This is a man that tall, handsome and mans man. With demons of his own, he and Anna try to navigate thru the justice system that ultimate fails them both. They both try to live a life with each other, and find that they people that are supposed to protect them, are the same monster. They both trusted and were disappointed in them.

Heartaches leaves you wanting to find out what happens to the characters, and you feel like you were left hanging at the end. Although this is a book that makes your want to scream in anger and cry for the pain that Anna and Rafe struggle through, it is a story that could happen to anyone. The situations they face might be a trigger for some people, this might not be not be the book for you. Having said that, this was a story about survival and I rate book a 4 out of 4 stars.

Heartaches
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like A778girl's review? Post a comment saying so!
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

I do agree that Anna is such a strong and loyal woman who deserves to be loved by Rafe. He has similar characteristics as herself and both were able to overcome their traumatic situations. Thank you for a wonderful review of this book.
I AM OKAY
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by I AM OKAY »

As much as i think that Anna is indeed a strong woman and a mighty survivor, i do not like that the author went through such lengths of detailing to make rape seem appealing. The rape parts in the book were explained so sensually that it would seem rape is so sweet for the victim. I could not read it through because of this.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”