Review by Kister Bless -- One Way or Another

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by Kister Bless -- One Way or Another

Post by Kister Bless »

[Following is a volunteer review of "One Way or Another" by Mary J. Williams.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One Way or Another

One Way or Another is an emotionally standalone novel written by Mary J. Williams. The book is about Calder Benedict and Adam Stone. They grew up in very different environments but are drawn to honest people. Calder runs a charity she began called Anabelle's Angels to help needy children. She is an independent, successful and rich woman who thinks she will never find love. She meets Adam Stone. He comes from a poor difficult past. He's a facilitator, the fruits of his hardwork.

Calder and Adam keep meeting in unexpected places and it happens that there is an attraction between them. The attraction blossoms into love as they spend time together. All Calder wanted was to be loved but didn't believe she would trust any man with her heart. That was true until she met Adam. Adam on the other hand had never been in love. He never believed that was possible until he met Calder who made him want a forever kind of love.

Calder has three sisters; Aldi, Bryce and Destry. The four sisters share same mother but different fathers. The bond between them is one of a kind. They love each other and have each other's back always. Mrs Finch their housekeeper and mother figure keep them grounded. She plays a great role in their lives because their own mother seems to be the furthest thing from a nurturing parent. She's fully absorbed in herself.

In the book we learn that there can be enough trust between two people from different ends of the spectrum to satisfy a relationship. Calder ends up trusting Adam with her life despite the fact that they are in different classes. Indeed love can really happen no matter one's status. Wealth isn't a reason for love in a relationship. Adam wasn't what she wanted but he was exactly what she needed. Secondly, we learn that even when times are tough, love wins in the end.

I loved One Way or Another, how the author made us fall in love with characters. The characters in the book were well selected and each of them shows unique traits. Also, I loved it the fact that it had a little suspense and mystery in it. That intrigued me into reading the book not to miss out on any bit.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it had a well developed and unique storyline. Also, the characters were well developed. I would recommend this book to all romance readers who are looking for a well-written contemporary romance book with well developed characters and a unique storyline.

One Way or Another
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kister Bless's review? Post a comment saying so!
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

one way or another is a book reviewed by you. it is a book in which love story of cadler and Adam has been described by the writer. wow! it is a so simple story. their love seems to be a true love.
Kister Bless

Post by Kister Bless »

Yeah sure. It's a great romance that I enjoyed every bit while reviewing it. I would read it again and again.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 975
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

I have read and reviewed this book as well. I found it to be a great read. I am glad you enjoyed it as well.

Thank you for the great review.
Kister Bless

Post by Kister Bless »

Thank you so much. The book was so amazing in that I couldn't put it down until I read the last page.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”