Review by LaurenHaupt -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Review by LaurenHaupt -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 3" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Will Aunt Bella's wedding be stopped before she marries Peter Preston? Can Anna and Rafe seek revenge on the Prestons and on Eric? The book that I just finished reading is called Heartaches 3. It is the final book in the Bad Boy Vibes series. This romance novel was written by H.M. Irwing.

Anna and Rafe are both victims of rape and abuse. While trying to put their past behind them, they hear some unfortunate news. Rafe's Aunt Bella is marrying Peter Preston. Peter Preston is not only Rafe's father but is also one of Anna's rapist. Knowing that this is a bad idea, Anna and her friend Suzi come up with a devious plan to persuade Bella to cancel her wedding. After their plan is put in action, Rafe and Anna later find out they are not the only ones that have a grudge against the Prestons and Eric. Can they finally get revenge with some unexpected help? Meanwhile, will Anna's friend, Pat find true love?

After reading the second series I was not disappointed when I finished this one. All of my questions were answered beautifully in this book. The book starts off with a crazy twist. Matt is confessing his love to Anna outside of a window. I could almost feel how mad and jealous Rafe was getting. The plan the girls made to persuade Bella to call her wedding off was creative and also risky. I was hoping the plan wouldn't backfire on them. I enjoyed getting to know the characters. Even the ones I was not so sure about. My favorite character was Pat. He is a good friend to Anna and also Rafe. He is there for both of them throughout the book. He is also funny and caring. Pat is a homosexual. I had a lot of sympathies for him. He wants to be in love but he also wants his parents to approve of him. There was a lot of action towards the end of the book. It was hard to put down because I was really curious about what was going to happen. The story had a great ending with a few pleasant surprises.

I thought the action towards the end of the book was a little too fast paced. Sometimes I had to read a part twice just to get a full grasp on what just happened. I was left confused on a couple of parts. I couldn't tell if Brian was really a good guy or a bad guy. I also think that the front covers on the series books are too similar to each other. If it wasn't for the numbers on the books, it would be really hard to tell which book was which. I think this series would have been better if it was all crammed into one book. The books are only a hundred and something pages. I think it's a little frustrating to have to start a new book to find out so many answers. I also think the plot as a whole would be a lot stronger.

I give this story 3 out of 4 stars. Anyone that can relate to Rafe, Anna, or Pat might enjoy this story. If you like romances you might also appreciate it. This story does have graphic scenes and some violence. It might not be acceptable for some viewers. I hope a lot of people enjoy it and are satisfied with the ending. I am very thankful that I was able to review it.

Heartaches 3
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like LaurenHaupt's review? Post a comment saying so!
:techie-studyingbrown:
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

Sounds like a great series with many good stories. For romance novel fans I think this would be a great series. Thanks for the great review!
Ijeoma Kikelomo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ijeoma-kikelomo.html
Latest Review: Visions of Prosetry, Collector's Edition II by Vèè Nelly

Post by Ijeoma Kikelomo »

Thanks for such a wonderful review. The story sounds really interesting and the characters seem charming. You have painted a really good picture here.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

jcoad wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 21:27 Sounds like a great series with many good stories. For romance novel fans I think this would be a great series. Thanks for the great review!
Your welcome. Thank you!
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Ijeoma Kikelomo wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 07:23 Thanks for such a wonderful review. The story sounds really interesting and the characters seem charming. You have painted a really good picture here.
Thank you!
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

Given what I know about the first book in the series, I don't even think the cover art of the series is appropriate. The content is quite dark, and the cover gives the impression of merely a steamy romance. I completely agree that if she book is so short, there is no reason not to have just made a single book out of the content from the three.
Nice review.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

kfwilson6 wrote: 05 Oct 2018, 09:03 Given what I know about the first book in the series, I don't even think the cover art of the series is appropriate. The content is quite dark, and the cover gives the impression of merely a steamy romance. I completely agree that if she book is so short, there is no reason not to have just made a single book out of the content from the three.
Nice review.
Thank you! I think the covers are a bit lazy.Thank you for the comment.
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

Thanks for such a thorough review! The story seems interesting, but due to the graphic scenes in this novel I'll probably skip it.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

BookReader+6 wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 14:16 Thanks for such a thorough review! The story seems interesting, but due to the graphic scenes in this novel I'll probably skip it.
Your welcome. Thank you for the comment!
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 951
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: The Angel of Hoheneck by Ivan Fredrikson

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

This seems like a good conclusision to a series, I agree that all three books could be crammed into one book as I too feel that the length of each of the novels is too short for a separate book.

Thank you for the great review.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Kajori50 wrote: This seems like a good conclusision to a series, I agree that all three books could be crammed into one book as I too feel that the length of each of the novels is too short for a separate book.

Thank you for the great review.
Your welcome. Thank you for the comment!
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

Great review! I have also read and reviewed this book. Just like you, I have awarded it 3 stars.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Rosemary Khathibe wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 10:00 Great review! I have also read and reviewed this book. Just like you, I have awarded it 3 stars.
    Thank you! I liked it a lot better than the last series. Thank you for the comment.
    gen_g
    Previous Member of the Month
    Currently Reading: 1984
    Bookshelf Size: 104
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
    Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thanks for the review! It does seem like it would have been much better to combine all 3 books into one. I'm glad you enjoyed it nonetheless.
    LaurenHaupt
    Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

gen_g wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 01:35 Thanks for the review! It does seem like it would have been much better to combine all 3 books into one. I'm glad you enjoyed it nonetheless.
    Your welcome. Thank you for the comment

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”