Review by Kirsten Ladner -- If life stinks get your head...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kirsten Ladner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsten-ladner.html
Latest Review: Elastic Girl by Olivia Rana

Review by Kirsten Ladner -- If life stinks get your head...

Post by Kirsten Ladner »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts: A No-Nonsense Guide to Happiness and Success is a self-help book. The book is broken into four main sections: a semi-extended introduction that introduces the author's style, what the book is about, and his overall concepts, followed by Crawling, Walking and Running. Crawling focuses on taking responsibility for yourself, Walking focuses on taking control of your thinking, and finally Running puts it all together and encourages you to get out there and be successful.

I liked the title of the book. The title was humorous and really got my attention. I like that the book is not sugar coated. The book tells you like it is. You have to work for success and happiness. This book really got me motivated to start working harder to better my own life and find happiness and success. You have to work in life. I learned that you should not make excuses. “Yeah, but” should not be in your vocabulary. You are a victim of your life only if you choose to be.

The lessons in this book are vital to use in everyday life, not just as a way to get rich or famous. I also like the fact that the author used personal stories, inspirational quotes, notes and references to other books. I like the formatting of the book and how the book is divided into several different sections that make it easier to break down and understand. I like that the author includes a place for your initials at the end of each chapter to make you hold yourself accountable in the future. You have to take responsibilities for your own actions. Another thing that I like is that there are several highlighted boxes of texts throughout the book, they include interesting facts, warnings, news flashes, interesting thoughts and life’s landmines. I really do not see anything negative about this book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I chose this rating because most self-help books focus on sugar coated positive thinking, but they really do not tell you how to really be successful and happy.

I recommend this book to everyone. I think everyone should read this book. This book teaches a valuable lesson that everyone needs to learn. I do not think there is any age limitations to his book. No one is ever too young to learn how to achieve success and happiness through hard work in life. The reading level is a bit tough for young children to grasp, but this would be a good book for parents to read to their children. I think that people should not just read this book and forget about it, but use it to better their life. I think that you should also not read this book just once in your life, but multiple times. There is always room for improvement in your life.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kirsten Ladner's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”