Review by Shrabastee -- The Watchmaker’s Doctor

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ronel_Steyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronel-steyn.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Re: Review by Shrabastee -- The Watchmaker’s Doctor

Post by Ronel_Steyn »

Brilliant review!! You managed to pull me into the story and start thinking about the choices I have made. You made me think about what I would do if I had an opportunity like this. I'm intrigued and interested. Well done!
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

A crisp but poignant read, this book made me ponder for quite a while. How many of us can claim to have lived without regrets? If a second shot at life were possible, would we be willing to take it, or should we be content with our old life and all its imperfections? And even if we choose to go back, what unforeseen complexities might arise this time? I absolutely love books that make me think, and this one was one of the very best among them. I especially loved the personification of time and the clever inclusion of the famous myth of Alexandria's Genesis.
I agree, I also love books that make me think and I guess we've all, in one moment or another, have wondered what would happen if we could change our past choices.
I love your introduction, it's so true!
Now I have to read the book to see what happens to Anaya! A very compelling review, thank you.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”