Review by Cotwani -- Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Actuallyashe
Currently Reading: Siona's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: Review by Cotwani -- Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Actuallyashe »

Would love to read more about the radiant irridiscents,but am not fan of these type of stories.Nice review though
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

I understand Actuallyashe. Thanks for taking the time to read and giving feedback.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
fernsmom
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom »

It sounds like a book I would enjoy after reading your review. I am a fan of this genre, but it is hard to find books at times that aren't heavily into sex scenes. Since you also mentioned would be enjoyable (and appropriate) for high school students I believe that this book would be something I would like to read. Thank you for your informative review!
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

fernsmom wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 08:31 It sounds like a book I would enjoy after reading your review. I am a fan of this genre, but it is hard to find books at times that aren't heavily into sex scenes. Since you also mentioned would be enjoyable (and appropriate) for high school students I believe that this book would be something I would like to read. Thank you for your informative review!
Go for it! I also don't care for explicit sexual scenes. The intimate scene in this book is tactfully handled. I appreciate your taking time to read, and giving feedback.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
fernsmom
Currently Reading:

Post by fernsmom »

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me as well. I'm new on the site and trying to figure out everything and so far the people are really nice and helpful. I was avoiding reading other reviews at first, especially on books I had read as I didn't want them to affect my reviews. But, I decided to help me write better reviews and find books I would like to read in the future, that reading reviews that aren't currently on my bookshelves would be beneficial to me.
Samisah
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samisah.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Samisah »

What a review! Powerful yet very inviting. I like mythical books especially ones bothering on ancient cultures. I just get it.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

fernsmom wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 21:08 Thank you for taking the time to reply to me as well. I'm new on the site and trying to figure out everything and so far the people are really nice and helpful. I was avoiding reading other reviews at first, especially on books I had read as I didn't want them to affect my reviews. But, I decided to help me write better reviews and find books I would like to read in the future, that reading reviews that aren't currently on my bookshelves would be beneficial to me.
Welcome aboard fernsmom, I am sure you will figure your way around pretty soon. Yes, I know what you mean. I also avoid reading reviews for books I am currently reviewing, but then read those reviews immediately I submit mine - to see if the others felt like I did. I also read reviews of books I haven't read to help me decide which ones are up my alley. Like your saying, there is also a thing or two to learn from other people's reviews. See, you are already a pro!
I appreciate that you took time to read my review and left a comment!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Samisah wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 06:41 What a review! Powerful yet very inviting. I like mythical books especially ones bothering on ancient cultures. I just get it.
Thank you Samisah. Grab a copy then - I believe you will enjoy it. Thanks for taking the time to read and giving feedback.
-Walt Disney
fernsmom
Currently Reading:

Post by fernsmom »

What an awesome review! If the author writes half as well and entertaining as you do, I'll have to read it! I especially like how you said "Can you imagine spirits having a wrestling match?" and other similar statements as I felt like you were not only explaining the plot in an entertaining way, but also talking to me. Since the genre of this book is one of my favorites I will have to put it on my bookshelves. Thank you for your great review!
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

fernsmom wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 08:01 What an awesome review! If the author writes half as well and entertaining as you do, I'll have to read it! I especially like how you said "Can you imagine spirits having a wrestling match?" and other similar statements as I felt like you were not only explaining the plot in an entertaining way, but also talking to me. Since the genre of this book is one of my favorites I will have to put it on my bookshelves. Thank you for your great review!
Thanks for the compliment! I believe you will enjoy the book - I could see bits of the Twilight series in it. I appreciate your taking time to read and share your thoughts.
-Walt Disney
jadelyne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jadelyne.html
Latest Review: The Elf Brief by Jordan David

Post by jadelyne »

Great and thorough review. I am definitely intrigued by the aspect of giving this book a try. I am always looking for a new fantasy book.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

jadelyne wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 08:34 Great and thorough review. I am definitely intrigued by the aspect of giving this book a try. I am always looking for a new fantasy book.
Give it a try! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks for taking the time to read and sharing your thoughts.
-Walt Disney
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I really like your start, and it seems like a great action pack read. Most importantly, I can see your enthusiasm in this review. Thank you for that!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

Your review made the book sound a bit better than other reviews I have read since you mention that the themes are about "love, good morals, and looking out for one’s loved ones." I also like that the book discourages people from judging other people's lifestyles because there is always a story behind them. We need to see people for who they are and not for just what they look like.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 11:50 I really like your start, and it seems like a great action pack read. Most importantly, I can see your enthusiasm in this review. Thank you for that!
Thanks Sahani! The book was definitely action packed!
-Walt Disney

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”