Review by Cotwani -- Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Re: Review by Cotwani -- Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by LaurenHaupt »

The book sounds like there is a lot going on. It does sound interesting. I do like fantasy books. Thank you for the review!
:techie-studyingbrown:
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

You got me with your quote, "You can never outrun your past." This book seems to be complex like the 'Vampire Diaries' series books. I especially curious on why the serial killer targeted to kill the 2 women with Chippewa origin? I think I will get the answer by reading this book. Thank you for your detailed yet informative review.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Thank you for your captivating review. I caught tinges of the Twilight series from your write-up, too. Mystical creatures may turn out to be mere figments of a writer's imagination; yet, I would always be on the lookout for the metaphors and lessons that come along with any fantastical piece. There are indeed times when we need to stop running and start facing the "demons" of our past. Such could turn out to be daunting, but I would hope the protagonists could make it through and emerge victorious just as I would want such to be for the rest of us with the same struggles in real life.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Not a fan of vampires so I might sit this one out. Good review though! Thanks!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

This book sounds like a crazy mix! The lack of depth with some characters is a bit of a put-off but it still sounds like a book that offers a vivid and intriguing story. Thank you for your thorough review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

C-Extra22 wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 05:36 This is an insightful review. We can't outrun our past.
Precisely! Thanks for reading and leaving a comment.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

LaurenHaupt wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 21:56 The book sounds like there is a lot going on. It does sound interesting. I do like fantasy books. Thank you for the review!
Yes, if you love fantasy, you will enjoy it. Thanks for reading and leaving a comment. Much appreciated!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

ParadoxicalWoman wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 22:55 You got me with your quote, "You can never outrun your past." This book seems to be complex like the 'Vampire Diaries' series books. I especially curious on why the serial killer targeted to kill the 2 women with Chippewa origin? I think I will get the answer by reading this book. Thank you for your detailed yet informative review.
You are right, you will get all your answers when you read it. I can assure you the book has its own version of the 'Stephan' side and 'Damon' side. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

briellejee wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 01:55 Not a fan of vampires so I might sit this one out. Good review though! Thanks!
I understand briellejee. We all have our preferences. Thanks all the same for taking time to read and leaving a comment!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

JR Mercier wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 03:44 This book sounds like a crazy mix! The lack of depth with some characters is a bit of a put-off but it still sounds like a book that offers a vivid and intriguing story. Thank you for your thorough review.
Despite the lack of depth, the book still is enjoyable. Thanks for reading and leaving a comment!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Espie wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 00:34 Thank you for your captivating review. I caught tinges of the Twilight series from your write-up, too. Mystical creatures may turn out to be mere figments of a writer's imagination; yet, I would always be on the lookout for the metaphors and lessons that come along with any fantastical piece. There are indeed times when we need to stop running and start facing the "demons" of our past. Such could turn out to be daunting, but I would hope the protagonists could make it through and emerge victorious just as I would want such to be for the rest of us with the same struggles in real life.
I agree, there are usually many lessons to learn in narrations. And yes, the book had its own better version of Twilight, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn! Thanks Espie for stopping by and leaving a comment. Much appreciated!
-Walt Disney
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

This sounds like a complex, yet interesting, story. I’m not really a fan of vampires, but a lot of readers out there are! Well done review!
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

Thanks for this great review, it really got to me. will sure want to have a read of this book.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

stacie k wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 22:39 This sounds like a complex, yet interesting, story. I’m not really a fan of vampires, but a lot of readers out there are! Well done review!
Thanks soo much stacie k. I appreciate your taking time to read and leave a comment.
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

topdan30 wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 10:15 Thanks for this great review, it really got to me. will sure want to have a read of this book.
I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks soo much for reading and leaving a comment, Topdan30.
-Walt Disney

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”