Review by Cotwani -- Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Re: Review by Cotwani -- Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Connie Otwani »

Julez wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 04:45 I love your review, Cotwani. Siren calls, Iridescents 😊 I'm definitely reading this.
I hope you thoroughly enjoy it! Thanks for taking time to read and for your comment.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

ea_anthony wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 15:36 Wow, this review reads like how I expect an excerpt from a movie script should read, this is really good. However this is the second review of this book I am reading today and I had stated I was undecided about this novel. The novel though seems interesting at first glance (book cover and title are quite catchy), but also seems to have too many moving parts and characters(I might be wrong though). To read or not to read?
I would say if you like paranormal adventures then give this book a try. Yes there is a lot going on, but it ties up well with the plot. Thanks for reading and leaving feedback. I truly appreciate.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
serendipity 27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serendipity-27.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by serendipity 27 »

This was a very detailed review, great job! I do love YA and any kind of fantasy novel so I will definitely think about picking this one up next.
Give me the courage to get through this week...or at least a big bar of chocolate :D
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

serendipity 27 wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 13:58 This was a very detailed review, great job! I do love YA and any kind of fantasy novel so I will definitely think about picking this one up next.
Thank you serendipity 27. Considering what you love, this book is down your alley. I'm sure you will enjoy it. I appreciate your stopping by and leaving a comment.
-Walt Disney
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

Cotwani wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 17:20
ea_anthony wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 15:36 Wow, this review reads like how I expect an excerpt from a movie script should read, this is really good. However this is the second review of this book I am reading today and I had stated I was undecided about this novel. The novel though seems interesting at first glance (book cover and title are quite catchy), but also seems to have too many moving parts and characters(I might be wrong though). To read or not to read?
I would say if you like paranormal adventures then give this book a try. Yes there is a lot going on, but it ties up well with the plot. Thanks for reading and leaving feedback. I truly appreciate.
Great then! I will take you on your word.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
Peace+07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Peace+07 »

The book is really nice, the way it was written made it easier to follow and enjoy while not losing the rising heat it was meant to convey. It is actually a good read.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

Thank you Cotwani for your detailed review. I'm a fan of fantasy romance, so I think that this would be a good book for me.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

ea_anthony wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 15:37
Cotwani wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 17:20
Great then! I will take you on your word.
Go for it! I'm sure you will not regret it.
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Peace+07 wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 17:55 The book is really nice, the way it was written made it easier to follow and enjoy while not losing the rising heat it was meant to convey. It is actually a good read.
I'm happy to hear you also enjoyed it. I appreciate your reading and giving feedback on my review!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Jsovermyer wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 21:39 Thank you Cotwani for your detailed review. I'm a fan of fantasy romance, so I think that this would be a good book for me.
Go for it, Jsovermyer! I'm sure you will enjoy it given your preferences. Thanks for taking time to read my review and giving feedback.
-Walt Disney
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

This book seems interesting with a lot going on. So many twists the plot. I should give this book a try. This is a well written review.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

I’m not really a fan of the fantasy genre but this was an excellent review that made me want to read the book. I think the characters in your summary sounded interesting.
c s a
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by c s a »

I did not finish story, but I read up to paragraph 6 and I think it is not convincing and it doesn't make me keep reading, maybe it's because I don't like this kind of stories but others may like it.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

T_stone wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 08:26 This book seems interesting with a lot going on. So many twists the plot. I should give this book a try. This is a well written review.
Yes, there is a lot of very interesting make-believe. I hope you get to read it. Thanks for taking the time to read and giving feedback!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

c s a wrote: 17 Oct 2018, 10:07 I did not finish story, but I read up to paragraph 6 and I think it is not convincing and it doesn't make me keep reading, maybe it's because I don't like this kind of stories but others may like it.
Its OK c s a, we all have our particular 'brands of preference.' The editor too commented about the length of my review. All the same, thanks for sharing your thoughts!
-Walt Disney

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”