Review by Nerea -- The Cartel Crusher by Dan E. Hendrickson

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 672
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Review by Nerea -- The Cartel Crusher by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Nerea »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Cartel Crusher" by Dan E. Hendrickson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Cartel crusher by Dan E. Hendricks is a story about a brave woman named Marnia, who became famous globally for her bold and courageous move to eradicate child sex trafficking, gun, and drug smuggling operated by the cartels in Mexico. As the face of the Anti-Cartel Task Force, Marnia fought for what is right and didn’t let anything or anyone frustrate her goal to crush all the cartels. She was intelligent and strategic in her dealings and this attracted good-hearted people who volunteered to help her meet her goal.

What I liked about Marnia is that she had passion for her work in that when she attacks a problem she wouldn’t let it go until she gets a solution. She didn’t let any negative outcome discourage her and cause her to give up rather she looked up to things or people who would stir in her positive thoughts and encouragement. She was wise. For instance, there were cases where Marnia felt like her identity would betray her goal so she opted to hide her identity.

Dan E. Hendrickson is a good storyteller. I liked how he brought out the connection between some government officials and the cartels and how they benefited from each other. He also revealed the Cartels' power in the society and their limits. The battle field narration was well composed and written leaving out no detail. It felt like I was present at the scene witnessing the battle from a distance. The author managed to combine various themes, such as women empowerment, political thriller, conspiracy, and historical features that charmed the narration. The part that I found thrilling and exciting was the strategic operations conducted by the Anti-Cartel Task force with the help of the U.S Army at the Northern Mexico Falcon Lake Region.

The book had three chapters and each had subtitles, which identified events site and the characters involved that I found appealing and smart for it enables the reader to connect the story well without losing track. The writing style was fast paced, professionally edited and gripping down from the beginning. The plot and characters were nicely developed. I liked how the author stressed the weight of the message conveyed in some parts of the book by writing the words in italic and upper case. At some point the author used questions to reason with the reader and help them understand why a particular event or situation took place.

I was able to draw some lessons like; Encouragement is important especially during lowly moments. Sometimes people won’t understand why we decided to do things the way we did. Technology plays a vital role in every aspect of life activities. Lastly, communication is important if we want people to understand our concerns.

Though the book had an intriguing story, I rate it at 3 out of 4 stars because the use of some cursing words didn’t appeal to me and that the chapters were too long, the author could have broken them down to more chapters. Anyone who loves criminal and political thrilling stories can read the book. There are no graphical contents and horrific scenes are lightly conveyed, so those sensitive to such traits should not hesitate reading the book.

The Cartel Crusher
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Nerea's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Ijeoma Kikelomo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ijeoma-kikelomo.html
Latest Review: Visions of Prosetry, Collector's Edition II by Vèè Nelly

Post by Ijeoma Kikelomo »

The Protagonist seems very intriguing. I wonder what gave her the boldness to delve into such a dangerous line of work. All in all, the book sounds like a very nice read. Beautiful review as usual.
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

Ijeoma Kikelomo wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 18:24 The Protagonist seems very intriguing. I wonder what gave her the boldness to delve into such a dangerous line of work. All in all, the book sounds like a very nice read. Beautiful review as usual.
I also was intrigued by her boldness. Thank you for checking my review.
No Wahala
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

I deeply appreciate the lessons in this book on encouragement and communication. I would love to read this book.
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

C-Extra22 wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 06:16 I deeply appreciate the lessons in this book on encouragement and communication. I would love to read this book.
Please do. I hope you enjoy as i did. Thank you.
No Wahala
Onyinye Excel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinye-excel.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Onyinye Excel »

This appears to be the story of a brave woman. I believe she would inspire me. Great review.
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

Onyinye Excel wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 12:00 This appears to be the story of a brave woman. I believe she would inspire me. Great review.
I believe so too. Thank you.
No Wahala
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

The Cartel Crusher BY Dan E.Hendrickson is reviewed in an elaborative way. This is a story of a lady Marnia who fights against a cartel working for the different kinds of crimes. She is a great lady in true words can be said a brave woman.
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

Fozia-Bajwa wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 11:32 The Cartel Crusher BY Dan E.Hendrickson is reviewed in an elaborative way. This is a story of a lady Marnia who fights against a cartel working for the different kinds of crimes. She is a great lady in true words can be said a brave woman.
Thank you for checking my review.
No Wahala

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”