Review by Values_and_standards -- Russia's Biggest Hack

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Re: Review by Values_and_standards -- Russia's Biggest Hack

Post by dragonet07 »

The premise certainly contains intrigue, but for me it might hit just a little too close to home considering the controversies which you already pointed out in the real world. However, it does sound gripping, which is crucial for a thriller, so it could be worth the read for that reason alone. I guess I'll just have to wait until I'm in the mood to read it. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

This is not my normal type of book, but as you said, those who are avid viewers of news, particularly about the present issues with Russia...that's me. I find an exploration, in novel form, of the plausibility that the Cold War did not indeed end, very compelling. I might grab this on KU. Hopefully, my membership doesn't expire before I can read it. Thanks for your insightful review.
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

I am ver y poor at remembering political history. I think i wont be reading it as i know nothing about american and russian conflicts.
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I had followed the story of Russia's alleged underhand tactics in the recently concluded U.S. elections with kin interest. Consequently, Ii think this book will further pique my interest in the subject. Thanks for a wonderful review.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

The Cold War is indeed back and hotter than ever. Russia's Biggest Hack by James E. Doucette is a speculative international conspiracy thriller fiction inspired by current events, especially the alleged Russian interference in the 2016 US presidential elections. I expect this to be Doucette's take on current events and I am looking forward to seeing how plausible his theories are which would be couched as an international spy thriller. I'm glad to read from Values_and_Standards' review that the plot of this book is so well-paced, written and structured that any gaps in character development can be looked over because the reader would simply love to know what's going to happen next. I definitely tag this as my next read .
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

I sampled the book on Amazon. It is based around the telecommunication industry in Russia. The story begins with an airplane crash. As mentioned in the review by Doug Jones it seems that this read would be enjoyable for readers of spy thrillers, and those employed in a corporate setting.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

I haven't read that many books that delved into expionage in communications. It would be interesting to read more on this political thriller. Thank you for your review!
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

This sounds like an interesting book to read. It is not a genre that I would normally read but it sounds like it has a good plot.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This an interesting and captivating book. Thanks for the wonderful review. The book sounds very timely. I would like to read this.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”