Review by Kemunto lucy -- Roadmap to the End of Days

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kemunto lucy
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemunto-lucy.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Review by Kemunto lucy -- Roadmap to the End of Days

Post by Kemunto lucy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There are so many people talking and writing about the end of days. The book of Revelation in the Bible also talks about the end times in-depth. It says that people of the same family will turn against each other, there will be the worship of many gods and the shedding of innocent blood will intensify. Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann tries to explore the end days by interpreting different religious beliefs and science. The author is a longtime student of religion and he attended the Vancouver Kollel centre for learning. He is currently the CEO of Canada's aerospace company and holds a masters degree in Engineering Physics.

Daniel states that in every cycle there is a beginning and an end. In between is where the current existence of mankind lies. Here we have challenges, conflicts and struggle for survival. Man is created to re-create and help each other in achieving their common purpose. He goes ahead to explain the various theories of religion and science that give a glimpse of the end of days. The religious part highlights the period when Patriarchs and Prophets dominated. The author talks about the different Abrahamic faiths and gives a detailed comparison. For instance, the Bible and the Quran have some similarities in that Allah and God is the same person. He explores the development of languages during the construction of the Tower of Babel. There is also the World to Come (life after death). The soul returns to the owner and triumph. He argues that there is no more suffering after.

The chapters are well constructed and organized. The book is divided into two parts: One part consists of the author's opinion and the other half has appendices, endnotes and glossary. I loved the inclusion of footnotes and table of contents. It made it easy for me to refer and have a smooth flow throughout my reading. The diagrams compare the various eras in history therefore, we are able to see the differences and similarities of what the author is trying to prove. The author ties the history of the past and the future so creatively such that, there is a clear vision of each occurrence. I also loved that the book has a different touch which is not felt in the book of Revelation.

I felt like the appendices should be included in the main text. The information in the appendices was in the rest of the book thus there is no point in separating it. I also disagree with some interpretations. The part that says Adam and Eve were created outside the Garden is not okay with me. I've read the book of Genesis and novels that explain the creation story such as, First Family and Who Told You That You Are Naked, and they agree that it all happened in the Garden.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is incredibly written and got me hooked throughout. The book got me researching, thinking and referring to Google at times. The author has argued his points exhaustively and convincingly. He ultimately says that only God knows the end of days. I recommend this book to students studying religion and anyone interested in reading a different take on the end of days.

Roadmap to the End of Days
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kemunto lucy's review? Post a comment saying so!
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

There are many controversial interpretations of many events that would disturb a non-jewish reader..a good review by the way :)
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
Kemunto lucy
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemunto-lucy.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Kemunto lucy »

Zimall wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 11:04 There are many controversial interpretations of many events that would disturb a non-jewish reader..a good review by the way :)
Thanks for your feedback.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”