Review by Sward13 -- Concealment by Rose Edmunds

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sward13
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sward13.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review by Sward13 -- Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Sward13 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Concealment" by Rose Edmunds.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rose Edmund’s book Concealment, is a suspense through and through, with turns around each corner. Amy is a woman of many facets, from corporate boss to estranged daughter, this female lead will keep you on your toes. As a middle-aged woman in a male led workforce Amy spends every day pretending to be the perfect employee, even with that extra voice in her head telling her she is anything but. However, Amy seems to have personified the phrase “when it rains it pours,” and in a slew of unfortunate events her life begins to unravel.

With a boss looking for any excuse to demote her, Amy tries with everything she must keep her personal matters quiet. Between questionable company practices, a mentally ill mother and a suspicious murder Amy’s life is going downhill fast. While trying to determine if she truly is just paranoid or her suspicions have a backbone Amy has some tough choices to make.

As a reader my favorite part of the book was that you never knew exactly what problem was going to pop up next. When Amy eluded to a harsh past you would have never expected the reasoning behind it was something so taboo. Edmund took the opportunity to shed light on several mental illnesses in an upbeat manner without minimizing the ailment. When the story progressed, you became entranced in the storm that was coming her way, I found myself trying to fight the battles she was fighting. Being a female many of her issues are relatable, however on a smaller scale.

I give the book a 3 out of 4 stars rating. It was also hard to follow which characters where causing which problems and how each was intermingled. As the plot got more in depth I found myself questioning exactly what was going on and how it related to the storyline. I believe there was just too much going on within the book to accurately interpret the clues throughout. The targeted audience looks to lean more towards a young adult to middle aged woman, as is the main character.

This murder mystery is full of suspense and suspicion that will keep whomever the reader is questioning what is around the corner. I would recommend this book to any reader that loves a good thriller with many antagonists to fight against. Edmund does wonders with this “Crazy Amy’s” character and takes the reader on a roller coaster ride of emotions.

Concealment
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sward13's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”