Review by Iam_imari -- Devilish by Tricia Barr

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Iam_imari
Currently Reading: DeFacto Feminism: Essays Straight Outta Oakland
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-imari.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Review by Iam_imari -- Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by Iam_imari »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devilish" by Tricia Barr.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I must say, that I thoroughly enjoyed this book. This is my first book review on this website and I’m glad that I made a good choice. If you like supernatural romance, then I highly recommend this for you to read. This was an amazing book showcasing a different side of the Devil, ironically showing how misunderstood he is.

Devilish starts off with the devil aka Lucifer falling from the sky and landing literally with a bang in Central Park, New York making him an immediate fear yet respected celebrity figure. Felicity, is a young up and coming ambitious journalist who desires to follow in her late aunt Stefany footsteps in becoming a famous reporter.

She is awarded the opportunity of a lifetime to interview Lucifer with intentions of writing the article of the century that turns into them unexpectedly falling head over heels in love with each other. Like most romance novels, of course, there was trials and tribulations they face in their relationship. Such as a vengeful angel from heaven trying to send Lucifer back to hell, and Felicity risking her life more than once to gather information to write another groundbreaking story about a deadly virus that can potential kill all human life in earth. Nevertheless, the story line keeps you on your toes and entertained throughout the book.

The sex scenes was very steamy and I enjoyed them a lot. Barr, wrote them in such erotic detail that wasn’t explicit but extremely sensual. It wasn't written as a demonic figure taking advantage of a poor helpless young woman, but rather each of them releasing and exploring their sexual inhibitions. It was as if you can literally feel the intimacy between Lucifer and Felicity coming off the pages as you read them.

Some things about Felicity character seemed a tab bit too naive and can be looked at as annoying, but overall I think it was still a good book. In my opinion this was a well written story with humor, adventure and romance all wrapped it in one.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars

Devilish
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Iam_imari's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”