Review by Sumbule1 -- Pancake Money by Finn Bell

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Sumbule1
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumbule1.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Review by Sumbule1 -- Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Sumbule1 » 24 Sep 2018, 09:37

[Following is a volunteer review of "Pancake Money" by Finn Bell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Pancake Money is one of my favorite Finn Bell books. It’s a fascinating narrative that reveals religious facts about Catholic marked by egocentric and antisocial activities. Whenever I read a novel like this for educational purposes, I expect to actually learn a lot from it. Pancake Money was an excellent book which tries to unveil how pain can transform a person.

New Zealand seems to be pretty as imagination tells me. The novel begins with a lot of dialogue that really attracts my attention. It made me give it a second chance to research what was happening. The story coils around detective Pollo and detective Reus who are cronies for a long time.

As I continued reading the book I concluded the lectures being amusing, this captivated my interest to learn and participate in those classes. It was very interesting to learn how human brain cells tend to react to pain when inflicted. Bobby being a scholar taking Forensic Psychology led by Ann Bowlby who is a lecturer, Ms. Bowlby is lured and suspected to be associated with murders of retired Catholic priests. Bobby and Pollo are interested in revealing who is the real murderer and come up with ways of ceasing the crimes. In that way, Finn Bell is willing to demarcate boundaries of literature. He tries to come up to fore how your chores can take an impact on your relations with everyone.

The novel takes some unthinkable turns and twists, which I have no intention of revealing it. All in all, I would say that the text and the author do justice to the genre. Conservation between Bobby and Pollo depicts how amusing they are, they mostly left me in a jiggling mood. More so they are so determined and self-caring about their families.

They focus at achieving what they intended for, tend to disclose on way to ease crime by doing a lot of investigations about the causes of certain mysterious actions within their vicinity.
The type of style used by the author systematically reveals how events uncoil chronologically hence making the novel really captivating. Even though some sentences lacked punctuation marks that made me rate the book a little lower.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The styles used seems to be appealing to all level of readers. The level of vocabularies is slightly simple to be easily understood. The plot of the book is quite realistic. The book made me want to exploit more on people’s culture and how some try to overcome a difficult situation in their day to day activities. Even though it tries to retrieve all evil done in the dark with the assumption of getting the truth but focuses more on mental issues.

Pancake Money
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sumbule1's review? Post a comment saying so!

Espie
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 116
Currently Reading: The Force Awakens
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Espie » 22 Nov 2018, 23:59

I didn't know the author had more than one book around until you mentioned it. I wonder how higher above four stars could we give. I also do hope justice would be served in this story and in real life, too. Thank you.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: Call Her Miss Ross
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa » 23 Nov 2018, 03:22

the social behavior of the people is must for the survival in society and ego is an illness which kills the polite behaviors of individuals at all levels. so these two factors have been explained as a base in this review of the book pancake money by Finn Bell.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”