Review by lesler -- Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by lesler -- Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello

Post by lesler »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Betrayal in Blue" by Mark M. Bello.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello, Dearborn Police Captain Jack Dylan is just back to work after becoming a national hero. Saving the Dearborn Mosque from destruction and helping to prevent thousands of innocent lives lost has made Jack even more passionate about his line of work. The #1 USA Pure group has lost numerous members of their hate group to the Dearborn police department, and they are pinning their problems on Jack Dylan. The next task of the white supremacist group is to release a deadly toxic gas into the police headquarters. When the plan is foiled, the group's leader Bart Breitbart goes into hiding, and it becomes Detective Dylan's mission to find him.

Mr. Dylan ends up finding Mr. Breitbart in a small town about five hours distance from Detroit, hiding in plain sight as a boat captain. Determined to take this evil man down, Dylan ends up in an epic battle of life and death with Breitbart and ends up going to trial for murdering the white supremacist. Will Dylan end up guilty? Is there another person who is responsible for the murder? How will #1 USA Pure retaliate against the Dearborn police department?

This book was an absolute thrill ride from start to finish. I enjoyed every word of it and was enamored with the author's fast-flowing writing style. I especially liked the main character Zackary Blake, who served as Dylan's lawyer. This book was full of procedural knowledge in regards to crime scene investigation and courtroom logistics, which I appreciated. The author's vivid imagery has me imagining myself actually watching the trial, which was awesome.

This book is the third of a series about lawyer Zack Blake and his courtroom proceedings. The previous books set up prior knowledge about the main characters, but the storyline is so different that the books can be easily read separately. This book appears to model our national current events, using a clever name of "Ronald John" as the president of the United States. President John sympathizes with the white nationalist movement and supports the deportation of Muslim immigrants from this country. This vocal view of our president has enabled the National hate groups to emerge from their cocoons once more to cause chaos, as one could argue is happening in real life right now.

I give Betrayal in Blue 4 out of 4 stars for its professional editing, excellent storyline, and vivid imagery. I recommend this book to any crime novel lover looking for a story that models something ripped from our current news headlines.

Betrayal in Blue
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like lesler's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”