Review by Amy+++ -- Invisible Me by H M Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Review by Amy+++ -- Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Amy+++ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Invisible Me" by H M Irwing.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

All Freddie Lynch wanted to do was to lose some weight and become invisible to the bullies around her. What she hadn't wanted to do was to become literally invisible to everyone. A year after accidentally drinking one of her father's work concoctions and mixing it with her diet shake, Freddie has spent the last year of her life locked inside her home with no human contact. Feeling lonely on her eighteenth birthday, she decides to go see her best friend, Kyle Lykin. Shortly after arriving at Kyle's home, Freddie is running away from Kyle's cousin, Edwin Carr. Once Edwin catches Freddie, she spills her secret to Edwin about what happened to her and Edwin tries to help her by giving her a job at his company. Soon, this leads to Freddie committing corporate espionage on behalf of Edwin's mother to help Edwin keep his company. Gunshots, potential cures and the government getting involved all happen in Invisible Me.

This was a very sweet story filled with romance and excitement. Freddie was my favorite character because she had no fear, and she would always do something she shouldn't, even though she knew it would probably backfire on her. She was always commenting to herself about how stupid she was being, only to go ahead, do it anyway and then suffer the consequences after. Freddie was a very lively character who always stayed herself, whether she was invisible or not. My least favorite part was the corporate espionage, I felt that it slowed the story down and wasn't very exciting.

The errors however, there were more than I would have liked to have seen. None of the paragraphs we indented and had spaces in between them. I also noticed that some key character's names were switched around. For example, Edwin's dead fiancée is named 'Sarah', but later on in the book she is called 'Susan'. This caused some confusion while reading. Other errors that I ran into were; 'out' instead of 'our', 'though' instead of 'thought', and 'me' instead of 'my'. Small typos like these were riddled throughout the book, making it very hard to read.

Which brings me to my rating with some more editing this book could easily have 4 stars. Unfortunately, that was not the case with Invisible Me. Due to the above errors that I have listed, I rate Invisible Me, by H. M. Irwing 2 out of 4 stars. With some more editing this book could easily have 4 stars.

As for my recommendation, anyone who loves romance and a strong female lead will love this book. This book is full of romance and excitement and is surprisingly a very quick read. However, due to some of the adult content within this book, children under the age of 18 should not read this book.

Invisible Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Amy+++'s review? Post a comment saying so!
Cardinalsparrow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cardinalsparrow.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Cardinalsparrow »

Brilliant review... I like the premise of the story and you did a great job in summarising the book. I think if I get to read the book I'll probably like Freddie too.
Some books are to be tasted , others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested-- Francis Bacon
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

Thank you so much for the comment. She is a very lively character, I think a lot of people would probably like her.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

It sounds like an interesting premise, but not really my style. Thanks.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”