Review by DandMMothers -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DandMMothers
Currently Reading: King Donald Khrump
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dandmmothers.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Review by DandMMothers -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by DandMMothers »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Final Notice by Van Fleisher is an interesting novel. You have got a fictional piece of literature that has so many real-world connections. A few of these would be gun control and gun ownership. That is a huge topic these days and one that still has no resolution.

This novel has a few main characters. You have got the doctors that used science to invent this machine that literally tells you the day you will die. Now, what would you do if you knew the day of your death? Would you spend it saying goodbye to loved ones and doing good? Would you maybe spend that time instead doing evil? This book follows several people who have received their final notice and how they choose to react.

One of these few people is an elderly couple. They are faced with the choice of owning a gun to protect themselves from the hostile world of guns. Ironic if I do say so my self. This book had me on the edge of my seat from page 1.

My favorite part is the prologue. "Some would spend the time getting their legal affairs in order, revising wills, and writing out detailed instructions. Others would spend much of that time calling, writing or e-mailing family, friends, lovers and ex-lovers. Some might try to squeeze in something they have always wanted to do or visit or make an exceptional donation. Still others might clean out the refrigerator, dust the furniture, wash the floors and do the laundry. And some … might kill." There are a few reasons why I like this passage. The way the author wrote it makes you think. Through this whole story, it really makes you question your life and the real world.

On the gun topic. Which is already such a huge topic in this story. This novel is anti-guns so if you are pro guns then this book would just make you mad. There is also the topic of school shootings. Since this topic is so widespread throughout the USA this author has some guts to write about it knowing some people will have an uproar about it.

Overall I give this novel a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. The story and plot were perfect. There were a few grammar errors resulting in my rating. I very much enjoyed this story and I think anyone who likes books with real-world topics will definitely like this book as well.

Final Notice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like DandMMothers's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”