Review by amsula_2018 -- The World of Ato

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Review by amsula_2018 -- The World of Ato

Post by amsula_2018 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The World of Ato" by Patrick Borosky.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The World of Ato

"Light brings darkness and darkness brings light. These two would always co-exist."

The Crimson Kingdom. It seems to be an ordinary Kingdom in plain sight but underneath it, mysteries are buried within.

The story starts with Ato, a 15-year-old girl who loves to paint and is often absorbed in her paintings that she even neglects to eat but her friend Reed and his mother Lyra are always there to remind her that there is a world outside her paintings. Lyra became Ato's guardian in the absence of her parents who have not come home from their trip for the past two years. Reed and Lyra keep her company and show how much they love her as much as they can.

One day, as always, Ato is absorbed in her painting until Lyra reminded her of the planned activities that she and her son have made. Ato immediately remembered her promise that they will explore the Ruins of Azure. She met her friend Reed and they explored the Ruins of Azure.

In their exploration, Ato fell in a very dark hole Ato discovered that the Kingdom of Babel lies beneath the Crimson Kingdom. In her exploration, Ato is curious about what happened to the people in the Kingdom of Babel because the belongings of the people who lived there are well-preserved and it seems that the houses are intended to be returned to.

In her exploration, she found an unfinished painting and for some reason, she feels the need to finish it. She finished the painting and while staring it, the dragon she painted magically came to life. The dragon's name is Iro and he helped her to get out of the hole with Reed waiting for her outside.

The following day, Ato painted the place she dreamt of and without warning Iro breathed blue fire to her painting. In her horror, she tried to stop Iro but what transpired after confused her in grand scale. She is inside her painting! She is inside the world she painted! What now awaits Ato and Iro in this new-found world?

The World of Ato is written by Patrick Borosky. It is the first book in the series. The book is composed of 250 pages and has 40 chapters. In the last few pages, the author wrote a short story. The short story would definitely touch the hearts of the readers. I praise the author in pouring his heart and soul in writing not only the novel but also the short story at the end of the book.

The author's view on how the leaders of each country or kingdom led his country is straight to the point and is something I agree of. As the author has said in his book, "A King is nothing without his subjects. The people are the King's children and a King should always ensure the smile of his children." If only every leader of each country ensures the happiness of every citizen, what a sight would that be?!

It is clear that this is just a wishful thinking on the part of the author for most leaders of countries does not seek to serve the happiness of the people but rather runs in office to serve their own interest and interest of the people who supported them in the elections. Such insight is something I rarely see in stories and I like this very much.

Patrick's view that greed can change one in a glimpse of an eye is one of the lessons that this book wants to impart to its readers. The greed of those who are seated in high positions should not be overcome by their duty to serve the general welfare of the people. They should always put the needs of the people and not their own interest.

This book also talks about the struggles of every artist who wants to impart messages in their work but very few understood it or sometimes the work is often misunderstood or rejected. I can feel the emotions of the author in this book because even though you think you have created a beautiful art, book, short story, music, song or painting, not everyone would appreciate it. I can relate to this message because I have experienced the same.

The author's message that in every country, there is light and darkness has touched my heart deeply. The discovery of Ato that some part of the country may be abundant but one part of the country may be suffering from famine or poverty. Poverty force people to do crimes to give food to their family and this problem leads back to the leader's inaction of the problems. This is further worsened by the fact that some people who follows the orders of the leaders abuse the power vested in them is a fact that often happens in real life.

This book has not only magnificently unfold the beautiful adventure of Ato and Iro but also managed to impart wonderful messages to its readers. I praise the author in his creativity and uniqueness in imparting such messages flawlessly in the story.

This book is amazing and I hope I can grab a copy of the next book in the series. I recommend this book to ages 13 years and above because it requires maturity on the part of the reader to understand the story otherwise they can not appreciate it.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it has an amazing storyline and messages that would touch the reader's heart.

The World of Ato
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like amsula_2018's review? Post a comment saying so!
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
Amelia Suratos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amelia-suratos.html

Post by Amelia Suratos »

You seem to have forgotten to write about the characters and the pacing of the story. Just saying...
amsula_2018
Currently Reading:

Post by amsula_2018 »

Amelia Suratos wrote: โ†‘22 Sep 2018, 00:35 You seem to have forgotten to write about the characters and the pacing of the story. Just saying...
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

It sounds like the author has created some interesting worlds. But I wonder how Ato relates to them.
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

Seems like a great fantasy book for your readers. Very creative book. Sounds like Alice in Wonderland. Great review!
amsula_2018
Currently Reading:

Post by amsula_2018 »

Dael Reader wrote: โ†‘24 Sep 2018, 18:36 It sounds like the author has created some interesting worlds. But I wonder how Ato relates to them.
Yes he did. It is really an amazing book. ๐Ÿ˜Š
amsula_2018
Currently Reading:

Post by amsula_2018 »

jcoad wrote: โ†‘24 Sep 2018, 19:56 Seems like a great fantasy book for your readers. Very creative book. Sounds like Alice in Wonderland. Great review!
Thank you for your feedback! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Onyinye Excel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinye-excel.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Onyinye Excel »

I understand Ato perfectly. You can be caught up in your gift a times that you forget there is a world outside there . Impressing review.
amsula_2018
Currently Reading:

Post by amsula_2018 »

Onyinye Excel wrote: โ†‘01 Oct 2018, 10:53 I understand Ato perfectly. You can be caught up in your gift a times that you forget there is a world outside there . Impressing review.
Thank you for you feedback!
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

Sounds like the author really did a great job om writing this book. I am curious about Ato's adventures. Great review btw.
amsula_2018
Currently Reading:

Post by amsula_2018 »

Noraine Alissa Poria wrote: โ†‘10 Oct 2018, 12:26 Sounds like the author really did a great job om writing this book. I am curious about Ato's adventures. Great review btw.
Thank you for your feedback.....๐Ÿ˜Š
JHuschle519
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhuschle519.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by JHuschle519 »

The plot you've described in your review sounds rather interesting. It sounds like it would be my kind of book. I'll make sure to put it on my reading list. Thanks for the review.
amsula_2018
Currently Reading:

Post by amsula_2018 »

JHuschle519 wrote: โ†‘22 Oct 2018, 01:18 The plot you've described in your review sounds rather interesting. It sounds like it would be my kind of book. I'll make sure to put it on my reading list. Thanks for the review.
Your welcome! Have a great time reading it!

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€