Review by Oulababe -- The Life and Lessons of a Young Au...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Review by Oulababe -- The Life and Lessons of a Young Au...

Post by Oulababe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Life and Lessons of a Young Author" by Sunayna Prasad.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you have one of those projects that you started when you were young, and everybody in your family told you how amazing it was? However, when you asked the opinions of experts who didn’t know you they pointed out so many flaws in your work. Maybe they said it was a good trial, but it was not what they were looking for. Did you ever blame your family members for not being honest with you? Well, you’ll want to hear Sunayna Prasad’s experiences as a young author. She started writing when she was six years old. Her family thought her work was amazing, and they encouraged her to publish it. No one ever told her when they saw flaws in her writing. Your loved ones rarely ever tell you. Sunayna was in for a rude shock when she took her book to publishers for publishing.

Sunayna Prasad is a very young author. She is still mastering the art. She has had so many experiences as a young author since the age of six, and she shares them in her book. Her intention is to help other young authors who read her book to learn from her mistakes. She has had some really low and high moments in the industry. Like other young authors, she has contemplated giving up. Sunayna Prasad’s experience in her profession is uplifting, and is a story worth sharing. She tell the authors what to do to succeed in the industry. She also adds a list of what not to do as a young author.

I think the advice she gives in this book would be very helpful to other young authors who are having challenges. She tells the reader all her experiences up to where she presently is. She was born in 1993 and states in the book that she thinks she’s too young for an author. However, from her experiences and what she has achieved so far, I’d say she’s exactly where she needs to be.

I like how honest the author is about her experiences. Some of them are embarrassing for her, but she was brave enough to share them for the good of other young authors like her who are likely to make the same mistakes. The book is very well edited, and errors were rare. I really enjoyed the book. It is very short, so it won’t take up much of your time. It took me about an hour and thirty minutes to read it. I can guarantee that the little time it takes up is worth your while. Young authors have so much to gain from this.

I found one typo in The Life and Lessons of a Young Author. It was in the last paragraph of the book, but it was easy to look past.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. That’s because it is almost as perfect as the rating. Sunayna is now a successful author on amazon, and I’d say she’s very qualified to give advice to young authors. She’s still learning, but I loved reading about how far she has come. I really admire her honesty. I think it would be really hard for anyone else to share their experiences the way she does. I recommend this book to young and upcoming authors.

The Life and Lessons of a Young Author
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Oulababe's review? Post a comment saying so!
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

I enjoyed this book as well. I thought a lot of her advice was really interesting. I also liked how she talked about her own experience. Great review!
:techie-studyingbrown:
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

This book sounds very interesting. My only drawback would be who would pay for a book that takes 30 minutes to read? Why not just google the subject? Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”