Review by NuelUkah -- Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Re: Review by NuelUkah -- Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

Post by Ma Cheryll »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 01:29 I can't believe this man! He was kicked out from the University Honors degree, does he have any idea how lucky he is even to make it to one. In my eyes, I see a man who had every opportunity but gave away for his addiction. This is definitely a good book. Thank you for your review!
Thank you for your review @NuelUkah :tiphat: I agree with @Sahani Nimandra, this man didn't know how big an opportunity he has given up in favor of his addiction :shock: I'm just glad he was able to find a way out👍 Thanks again for sharing your thoughts on this and congratulations to the Author on the #BOTD 🎉🎉🎉
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

ParadoxicalWoman wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 22:43 Amen to this:
"Sawyer stated, “God invented marijuana. Maybe this plant isn’t the demon seed I was raised to believe it was.” I concur to that. Marijuana was also created by God. God gave mankind the herbs of the field for consumption. The fact that marijuana is being abused does not make it evil, but the manner in which it is used. It is said that when the purpose of a thing is not known, abuse is inevitable. At some point, Sawyer was scared being the patient and his own doctor. Based on Sawyer’s Ripcord Recovery , I think it’s high time the government researches further on marijuana and discover the good it can offer to mankind rather than just declare it illegal."

I like how profound your review is and you made me curious to check this out. The memoir of this author is something else as it ain't easy to resist the addiction to alcohol and drugs. Im amazed at his level of determination to find the way out.
Thanks for your comment. You are going to love the book, especially how he invented his own solution.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
NuelUkah
Currently Reading:

Post by NuelUkah »

Oulababe wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 07:32 Sawyer seems to have had a very hard time with addiction. I love that he created his own solution. That is so inspiring.
Yes. It's really inspiring, not only for addicts. Thanks for your comment.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
NuelUkah
Currently Reading:

Post by NuelUkah »

Espie wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 07:39 I admire people who are able to make it through their circumstances and even live and thrive enough to tell their tale. However, there are reasons why some things are called illegal. Until such time these things are already deemed legal, I think it is but apt to consider such as what they still are.

Thank you for sharing your personal thoughts.
Yes, I agree there are reasons why some things are called illegal. Thanks for your constructive comment, Espie.

jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

Not sure a book for me but sounds like the author has gone through quite a bit and is trying to pass his lesson and knowledge along to others. I admire books like these and thank you for the great review!
NuelUkah
Currently Reading:

Post by NuelUkah »

Espie wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 07:39 I admire people who are able to make it through their circumstances and even live and thrive enough to tell their tale. However, there are reasons why some things are called illegal. Until such time these things are already deemed legal, I think it is but apt to consider such as what they still are.

Thank you for sharing your personal thoughts.
Hmmmmm. You've got a strong point there.
Thanks for your comment.

María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I'm glad people who have overcome hardships such as addiction share their stories and how they got out of it. I think it can be helpful for many people, not only because of the method they used to recover, but because of the inspiration and seeing that getting clean is possible. I'm not sure about the medical marihuana idea, and I guess the idea is debatable but we should be open to recovery routes and helping addicts get back on track.
Thank you for a very engaging review.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 975
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

Sawyer got clues to his survival formula from different fields such as philosophy, poetry, physics, chemistry, even movies. Though he had the zeal, he had one major problem — lack of will power to resist — that was his dilemma. Science cannot give one the will power to say, “No!” He knew from his experiences that he was his own worst enemy. So he sought for a path forward and the power to get there. He was determined to break through this snare of addiction that was pulling him into the valley of death. The rehab could not help his situation. He needed a permanent way out of a feeling that could still come up after two decades without even a drink.

I do not understand how people give up everything to satisfy one's addiction.

The key to get rid of addiction is willpower. I am glad that Sawyer was able to work out something in the end.

Thank you for the great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”