Review by khandzz09 -- Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
khandzz09
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khandzz09.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Review by khandzz09 -- Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by khandzz09 » 15 Sep 2018, 08:42

[Following is a volunteer review of "Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

30th Century: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin is the first book in the 30th Century trilogy. It engages the reader with its time travel theme. The author ensures that the reader will be able to feel and experience the beauty of the different places by just reading it. The characters, adventures, and conflicts make this science fiction compelling to read. This story proposes interesting problems, based on technology, social engineering, and cultural change. It also presents ideas of what past and future might be like, and the characters work on the things that make it achievable and realistic.

The book follows Jennifer who was born and raise in the 30th century. She is entrusted with the job of attacking the Syndos, who are genetically enhanced humans, because of their amorality towards the human race. Jennifer and her colleagues' plan is to put in a virus that will cause disruption to the genetic make-up of Syndos. Jennifer’s partner, Zexton invents the time machine for them to be able to go back in time to make some revisions to the development of Syndos. However, he was killed before the initiation of the plan. Instead of leading the team back in the 27th century, Jennifer has her own plans. Still hurt from the loss of the love of her life, she chose to go back in the year 2015 and sends her colleagues back 300 years ago. In the 21st century, Jennifer meets new people, and she tries to hide her identity as much as possible. Will she be able to survive in the past? What lies ahead in her journey? How long will she be able to hide her true identity? What will happen to her team and on the mission?

I am entertained from the first page to the last page of this book. I like how the author presented her ideas in each chapter. Aside from the detailed description, the author also successfully entails the life and culture of the different people from the different centuries. The author evidently made the female protagonist an intelligent, funny, witty, and a beautiful woman. I also appreciate how the author used scientific words and concept in a more comprehensible way.

The story is a well-written novel that brings the readers into another kind of science fiction. The thought-provoking contents are intriguing and captivating. There are a lot of twists and turns in the plot. However, some parts of the story are baffling to read, and the readers may get lost in it. It also involves some explicit sexual scenes such as sex with a female to a male and a female to a female, that I think that you should be aware of.

I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I love science fiction and dystopian kind of books. It also involves some explicit sexual scenes such as sex with a female to a male and a female to a female, that I think that you should be aware of. The book 30th Century: Escape allows us to place ourselves into the future and the past and consider who we would be; and if we wish to become that person today. Escape allows us to place ourselves into the future and the past and consider who we would be. The book will open the mind of the readers to the science and imagination.

Escape
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like khandzz09's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Think before you speak. Read before you think.”
― Fran Lebowitz, The Fran Lebowitz Reader :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”