Review by Kemunto lucy -- Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Kemunto lucy
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 205
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemunto-lucy.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Review by Kemunto lucy -- Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Kemunto lucy » 14 Sep 2018, 15:07

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chrome Mountain" by Ben Schneider.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Chrome Mountain is a self-published Sci-fi/Fantasy novel written by Ben Schneider. It is an action-packed story revolving around terrorism, biker gangs, scientific gurus and toxic relationships. Ben Schneider weaves together the stories of the two protagonists into an awesome fate thriller.

Trey and Sonya have uniquely different backgrounds. Trey is a brilliant scientist who creates inventions, one being an invisibility shield. He later on destroys it because he fears that it may fall into the wrong hands and be used for the wrong purpose; to cause danger. Trey works for Chrome Falcons, a terrorist group and when he decides to quit his boring job, the gang members hunt him down. Sonya is a former member of a biker gang. Her abusive ex-boyfriend is the leader of this biker gang. Her escape from the gang gets her hiding at her grandmother's house. This is because her ex-boyfriend and the biker gang are running after her. What does she have for them to be this hostile towards her? Sonya and trey meet by chance or rather fate, and they join forces in fleeing from their dangerous pursuers. They encounter a scary journey that they will live to tell. Will they ever have a normal and peaceful life? Or will they be on the run forever?

There is a theme of religion in this book. The characters believe in christianity and in the existence of God. Trey and Sonya discuss their faith and strongly live by the laws. I know you're wondering how the theme of religion appears in this genre (I did too). I agree that it is a bit unanticipated. Some will find this theme out of place.

I loved the storyline. The author has a great story which can be adapted into a film. The futuristic technology, the terrorists, the police and the FBI aspect can make an awesome and great movie. The characters were well developed and interesting. Their back stories are creatively written. Sonya is my favorite character. I liked her toughness and impromptu personality. The characters are flawed and this creates some reality in the story. The scenes are vivid which aids in imagination.

The plot of the book was good but it was not well executed. It fell short of its potential. The dialogues were also a setback. They were tedious, especially the ones that were supposed to be a monologue. I also felt like some parts were not exhausted, I needed to read more. The terrorism and biker gang information was not researched satisfyingly. The detailed information concerning that was missing.

Having said that, I give this book a 2 out of 4 stars. I wanted to rate it 3 stars but I came across errors in grammar and punctuation. I felt like it was not professionally edited. As much as I enjoyed reading this book, it didn't get through to me the way I expected. I recommend it to adults who love Sci-fi/Fantasy novels that involve violence.

Chrome Mountain
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kemunto lucy's review? Post a comment saying so!

daydreaming reader
2018 Reading Goal: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daydreaming-reader.html
Latest Review: The Face of Fear by R. J. Torbert

Post by daydreaming reader » 15 Sep 2018, 17:50

While the plot seems interesting, from your review I understand why it was not well executed. Additionally, tedious dialogues would be frustrating. Thank you for your honest review.
"Without chaos, there can be no order"
- Heath D. Alberts
"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Debjani Ghosh
2018 Reading Goal: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 162
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh » 15 Sep 2018, 21:51

Although the plot seems to be interesting, but the monotonous dialogue will prove to be a drag for me. Hence, I will pass this one. Thanks for the review!

Kemunto lucy

Post by Kemunto lucy » 27 Sep 2018, 02:56

daydreaming reader wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 17:50
While the plot seems interesting, from your review I understand why it was not well executed. Additionally, tedious dialogues would be frustrating. Thank you for your honest review.
Thank you for reading my review.

Kemunto lucy

Post by Kemunto lucy » 27 Sep 2018, 02:57

Debjani Ghosh wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 21:51
Although the plot seems to be interesting, but the monotonous dialogue will prove to be a drag for me. Hence, I will pass this one. Thanks for the review!
Thanks for your feedback.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”