Review by Oscar Osman -- Concealment by Rose Edmunds

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oscar Osman
Currently Reading: Winning the war on cancer
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oscar-osman.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Review by Oscar Osman -- Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Oscar Osman »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Concealment" by Rose Edmunds.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I am always for psychological thrillers and so I could not agree to let go Concealment by Rose Edmunds when I grabbed its copy. The major protagonist in this story is Amy who is the boss at the department of tax in a certain tax and finance organization. Things change very fast and within a short span of time, Amy is headed by Smithies. Smithies has just gotten a managerial job with this company.

Amy’s life unwinds when her workmate is murdered and another handcuffed. Her life also unknots when one of the clients to this company has some problems concerning tax. Amy has a tendency of finding herself in a difficult situation. Whenever she appears to have settled down, she always does a problem hence complicating the situation further.

I loved how Rose Edmunds sews the various pieces of Concealment using the threads of twists and turns throughout the plot. This is a great strategy to keep readers on their toes as they ride along the plot of this story. She goes a step ahead and colors this story using the paints of suspense and traces of humor. She also employs the use of a language that is precise for readers to easily grasp and understand.

Another thing that made me thrilled by this book is that the author did her level best to develop this story into a realistic work that a large fraction of readers will love to read and identify with. I also liked how Rose Edmunds develops Amy into a very strong character who is focused. This is in spite of the naked truth that she has a very low self-esteem. She is indeed likable despite her beehive of flaws.

The author sheds light on the cutting edge of business malpractices such as hoarding. To me, this seems like the backbone of the plot of this story. Edmunds is smart enough to keep her readers in great suspense by ensuring that the story is fast-paced. This is despite the various dialogues revolving around tax and issues concerning finance. Action is equally important in making Concealment a must read book.

This book is sad and interesting on equal measures since all the characters seem to be wrapped in a problem. These problems include betrayals, deception, murder, incidences of conspiracy, intrigue and acts of suicide. I would recommend Concealment to fans of mystery stories. People who like reading psychological thrillers will also find this book helpful and interesting to read. Since I didn’t get any problem with this book, I gave it all the 4 out of 4 stars.

Concealment
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Oscar Osman's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”