Review by ultraboss -- The Surgeon's Wife

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ultraboss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ultraboss.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Review by ultraboss -- The Surgeon's Wife

Post by ultraboss »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Surgeon's Wife" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The surgeon's wife by William H. Coles consists of three parts. Each part follows Catherine Otherson and Dr. Michael Boudreaux. While their romantic relationship isn't the focus of the first part as they haven't really spent time with each other, it does see some effective development in the succeeding parts.

The first part is about Dr. Clayton Otherson's attempts to protect his career at the hospital where he worked and also Dr. Michael Boudreaux love life with Rosemary. The second part still sees Clayton struggling to save his career while Catherine falls in love with Michael which leads to Catherine filling for divorce, and also fighting for a part of Clayton's wealth and her daughter's love. In the third part, Catherine and Michael try to balance their love life amidst Catherine's divorce issue, taking care of her sick mother, searching for her runaway daughter, and Clayton's attempts to ruin her life.

Dr. Clayton Otherson is a renowned trauma surgeon who does obese surgery in ways that are not approved by the hospital where he works because it puts the patients at risk. Dr. Michael Boudreaux who was the current chief of surgery and Clayton's former student was forced to defend his mentor and attempt to put him back on track which led him to meet Catherine.

Reading the blurb and seeing that the book was written by a former doctor made me think the book was mainly about doctoring and made me expect nothing more than descriptions of the occurrences inside the hospital, mainly the theater where the operations were carried out but in the book we were treated with chapters of big decision makings, a little bit of action and romance which reminded me of the saying; Never judge a book by its cover.

The description of the characters in the book was presented with satisfying depth and all the scenes in the book were captivating but the question of what happened to Marcel was left unanswered.

I'll rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It was well written and seems to have been professionally edited as I found no errors. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a little twist or turn of events and also a mixture of romance, action and big decision makings.

The Surgeon's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like ultraboss's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”