Review by amsula_2018 -- Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Review by amsula_2018 -- Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by amsula_2018 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chrome Mountain" by Ben Schneider.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Chrome Mountain

Chrome Mountain is written by Ben Schneider. It is printed by Outskirts Press, Inc in 2018. The book is composed of 335 pages including the title page, copyright page, and dedication page. It has 52 chapters which can be read into 3-5 hours depending upon your interest and reading speed.

The story starts with Sonya Mccall, former lover of Levi North, the leader of a gang named Screamon Demons. Sonya is a former member of the gang mentioned. She left the gang because she found herself wanting to change her way of life. She escaped with $70,000 and stolen plate number of Levi. She was hunted by the cronies of Levi but she found ways to get them off her back. She was off the radar of the gang for three years. However, after the said period, they found her whereabouts. The will to survive and the will to live a normal life led Sonya to Trey Radisson, an inventor who is hunted by the Chrome Falcon. He is being hunted because of his recent invention called VV1. They helped one another to escape their pursuers. Would they escape from their pursuers and live a normal life?

The description of the actions of the characters are well written and enjoyable to read.

The back story of the main characters is well-explained that the reader can easily cope with the decisions made by the characters in the story. The story is fast-paced then normal-paced.

The author seems to have an issue with Filipino women that the way the Filipino character described represents the whole population of Filipino women. This can be considered as an insult. The author should understand that if one person is evil, it does not mean that all people from where he or she came from are evil. The author should describe the Filipino character in his or her own personality. The author should be careful in describing different races. Also, he seems to be confused with the physical traits of Filipino people to other race in Asia. He should had at least researched on this matter.

It is also noticeable that he hates that the media can twist the facts of the news but that is quite understandable because the media can only draw conclusions based on what is seen on the footage or picture.

This is just my opinion, but I think the title is not interesting enough to capture the eyes of the readers. The author should have chosen a very interesting title since the book is actually interesting. This can increase the sales of the book.

I would recommend this book to people who are fond of action filled storyline. I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars only because of two reasons. First, the negative description in some races is something I despise and secondly, it lacks the depth on the story.

Chrome Mountain
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like amsula_2018's review? Post a comment saying so!
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
CryptQueen
Currently Reading: Working Stiff
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cryptqueen.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by CryptQueen »

I see some errors in the review it comes out a bit clumsy. Try reading it out loud before submitting it and running it through a few grammar checkers. Also, you don't need to talk about the publisher or the copyright pages. The length of the read was a nice touch though.

Sounds like this book wouldn't have been my cup of tea.
amsula_2018
Currently Reading:

Post by amsula_2018 »

CryptQueen wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 10:47 I see some errors in the review it comes out a bit clumsy. Try reading it out loud before submitting it and running it through a few grammar checkers. Also, you don't need to talk about the publisher or the copyright pages. The length of the read was a nice touch though.

Sounds like this book wouldn't have been my cup of tea.
Thank you for your comment. I'll take your comment as constructive criticism.
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

I'm not sure I can tell what this book is about but in reading other reviews of this book I can relate to what you are saying. The book sounds like an interesting concept and I guess pretty interesting. You may want to review how many thoughts about the author you share in the review as your paragraph on Filipino women is almost as long as your entire summary of the book. Thank you for your review!
amsula_2018
Currently Reading:

Post by amsula_2018 »

jcoad wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 21:23 I'm not sure I can tell what this book is about but in reading other reviews of this book I can relate to what you are saying. The book sounds like an interesting concept and I guess pretty interesting. You may want to review how many thoughts about the author you share in the review as your paragraph on Filipino women is almost as long as your entire summary of the book. Thank you for your review!
One of the rules in making a review is that the summary cannot be longer than the review otherwise it would not confer to the standards of the review system. The reason why the comment on Filipino women is quite long is that you can feel the disgust and hatred towards them of the author. He keeps on writing that Filipino women are gold diggers and that for me is quite offensive because not every Filipino woman is a gold digger.
Amelia Suratos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amelia-suratos.html

Post by Amelia Suratos »

amsula_2018 wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 02:08
jcoad wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 21:23 I'm not sure I can tell what this book is about but in reading other reviews of this book I can relate to what you are saying. The book sounds like an interesting concept and I guess pretty interesting. You may want to review how many thoughts about the author you share in the review as your paragraph on Filipino women is almost as long as your entire summary of the book. Thank you for your review!
One of the rules in making a review is that the summary cannot be longer than the review otherwise it would not confer to the standards of the review system. The reason why the comment on Filipino women is quite long is that you can feel the disgust and hatred towards them of the author. He keeps on writing that Filipino women are gold diggers and that for me is quite offensive because not every Filipino woman is a gold digger.
well, it seems to be a good book but when you mentioned that he describes Filipino women to be gold diggers, that is something I hate.
amsula_2018
Currently Reading:

Post by amsula_2018 »

Thanks for being on my side Amelia Suratos.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”