Review by rchacko -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
00LynnMarie
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's War
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-00lynnmarie.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Re: Review by rchacko -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by 00LynnMarie »

I love physics! I don't understand as much as I'd like to on the subject, but I genuinely enjoy what I do understand. I'm not sure why the author felt like they had to gloss over the emotional parts of the story, I would think that it would make the story more interesting, but to each his own.
"There are times when the world is rearranging itself, and at times like that, the right words can change the world." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
vinkipc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinkipc.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by vinkipc »

Great science fiction novel following a life of an orphan boy and his physics teacher. The book dwells more in the field of quantum physics, the book is really enlightening and can be used by physics juniors to explore and find out a field they would like to major in. This is a useful piece of work. Thanks to the BOTD.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Timewise by Robert Leet is a #ScienceFiction novel that shares #Knowledge about #Physics. It follows the #Adventure of a chess player and an eccentric physicist. Those who are interested in Quantum Physics will find this book marvelous.

I am not interested in this topic. I will bypass reading this book. Thanks for the review.

#Action #Future
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Thanks for the review. It is well-written and enthralling. The book sounds interesting and I like how the author is able to explain these phenomena in simple ways. Guess this is not my book though.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

This sounds like an extremely well-written and well thought out book, but while I enjoy sci-fi, I do have a tendency to zone out whenever quantum physics is discussed. I don't think this one's for me, but I'm glad you found it entertaining and informational!
amandathebibliophile
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandathebibliophile.html
Latest Review: Short of Love by Martin Knox

Post by amandathebibliophile »

I love your use of pithy to describe the author’s writing style! Big fan of the word...

The book sounds intriguing and yet heavy, so it’s probably not the right choice for me right now. But I bet readers interested in science and physics would enjoy!
MollyEnter
Currently Reading: The Altitude Journals
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollyenter.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by MollyEnter »

What a comprehensive review! I'm hesitant to read more of this because I'm not a science person, but physics can be interesting to me as I'm fairly good at math. This book actually kind of reminds me of Sophie's World, except it's having to do with science as opposed to philosophy.
"There is something about words. In expert hands, manipulated deftly, they take you prisoner.”
– Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale
Bansheebaa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bansheebaa »

This review is written in strikingly clear words. I believe this book will be useful for everyone, as well as for lovers of physics and vice versa. But to understand it, physics must be part of you. Especially, these lines explain the situation well: "As a result, though interesting, the reading would be so “heavy” that only a few physics die-hards would honestly enjoy reading it!"
The review is written concisely and clearly.
Tock513
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 319
Reading Device: B00ZQVSKSM

Post by Tock513 »

I graduated highschool 18yrs ago, and I do not wish to further my education and also didn't care about physics when I was in highschool. Physics bored me and I failed at it along with chemistry, pre calculus, geometry, and other boring subjects to me. I struggled in highschool and wouldn't have a diploma without summer school! So I obviously didn't go to college. So with that being said, this is NOT a book for me! I didn't get far at all in the sample and got bored with the first few pages. This book was way too much for me and seemed more of educational and a school textbook then a fictional sci-fi novel. Too boring and heavy for me! So with that being said, this is NOT a book for me! Thanks for the great review though and explaining the book to me further cause I didn't get far at all in the sample and got bored with the first few pages. Now I know why after reading this! pass!
~•°Tock513°•~
☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
What is seen is temporary,
but what is unseen is eternal.

-2 CORINTHIANS 4:18 NIV
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

A researcher will need years of hard work and dedication to arrive at the information presented in this book. But for us readers, it's all easily available when we pick up this book. A wonderful book by Regina.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
desareedany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desareedany.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by desareedany »

I honestly had a hard time reading the preview. The author just seemed to put too many details into what was going on, like a really long out of the way tangent and then was like, Anyway, so the day I met Regina...But that's just one person's opinion.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Volunteer Review: Timewise by Robert Leet' gives the relevant information of the book. It gives an idea of the structure of the contents of the book. The readers would love to have a view of the review for an idea of Quantum Physics. It lays stress on the positive points of the book. I like the ending of the review.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

Based on the review, I don't think that the book is for me. I don't have an interest in reading about science. I don't want to read about physics, botany, engineering, or math. I like to read stories with a plot and this book doesn't seem to have much of one, so I will pass on reading this book.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

Those who are into science specifically physics will enjoy this book. I have to pass this one because I don't think I think I will make it to the last page given the least favourite subject to me.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
GenuineEffs
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by GenuineEffs »

I don't know much about Physics, but having read this review I am certain lovers of Physics would enjoy reading it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”