Review by Harley-Panda -- The Mystery Of Flight 2222

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harley-Panda
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harley-panda.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Review by Harley-Panda -- The Mystery Of Flight 2222

Post by Harley-Panda »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mystery Of Flight 2222" by Thomas Neviaser.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mystery of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

This novel tells the story of Frank and Helen, two strangers who happen to meet on a long-haul flight to Argentina. To pass the time on their flight, Frank and Helen play a game in which they try to guess the names, ages, occupations and personality traits of seven seemingly random passengers aboard the flight with them. However, their game is brought to an abrupt end when the plane begins to crash-land into the ocean. The two strangers find themselves to be the last few survivors of the crash, along with the seven other people which they had picked for their game.

The story follows these characters as they attempt to survive harsh weather conditions, starvation, thirst, and even pirates, as they await rescue. On their journey, each character begins to tell the others about their lives until that point, and Frank and Helen are horrified to find that every guess they made about the strangers in their game was true. The group are forced to question their morality as they attempt to survive and have to come to the terms with the fact that they may never make it home again.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The plotline is gripping and keeps the reader very interested in what unfortunate circumstances the group may next find themselves in. The story was a little slow at the beginning, but after the first couple of introductory chapters I was hooked and wanted to complete the book in one sitting. Thomas Neviaser describes each setting vividly enough for the reader to feel as though they are in the story themselves, so much so that I felt myself questioning what I would do in such a situation.

I enjoyed the character progression throughout the novel. There were times where the characters had to act against their usual morals to survive, and you could see in the story how these actions had changed them as people as their perspectives changed. One thing I disliked about the book was that the narrative viewpoint shifted at times between the characters rather than staying with one character throughout. This seemed to be to show the reader the backstory of each character without the characters actively having to vocalise this. Although this didn’t take me out of the story, it could be a little confusing at times.

I would recommend this book to other adult readers who enjoy fiction and horror. There are some scenes which may be too graphic and violent for those who are young, so I would not recommend this to young teenagers or children. There were very few, if any, grammatical and spelling errors in the book, which shows that it was probably professionally edited. I enjoyed reading The Mystery of Flight 2222 and will probably read it again in the future.

The Mystery Of Flight 2222
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Harley-Panda's review? Post a comment saying so!
I go to seek a Great Perhaps
jgraney8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgraney8.html
Latest Review: Murder in Memory by Mike Thorne
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jgraney8 »

Nice way to tease us by suggesting they faced moral challenges but not elucidating any. Now, I will have to read the novel to find out if those challenges fit my ideas of what the challenges were.
“On the highest throne in the world, we still sit only on our own bottom.”
― Michel de Montaigne, The Complete Essays

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”