Review by yeishen2018 -- The Spirit of Want

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
yeishen2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yeishen2018.html
Latest Review: Gates to Tangier by Mois Benarroch

Review by yeishen2018 -- The Spirit of Want

Post by yeishen2018 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Spirit of Want" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Spirit of Wants by William H. Coles

The Spirit of Wants by William H. Coles was published on September 2016 and it was one of the finalist in the William Faulkner-William Wisdom Creative Competition. It's a story of a married woman who left her family and followed the man she loves all the way to Africa.

This is really a great book. I love the individual characteristics and the scenes were engrossing. Their unique characters let the readers, like me, felt like I'm also a part of the story. How can a family stand the test of time if they don't know how to communicate each other, appreciate each other, and listen each other? A happy family is one of the main factors in raising a good child. I can sympathize what they've been through, their decisions, and the consequences that they all faced because of their actions. Some were self-centered, ambitious, and some were career driven that they often forgot to value their family and the people who should matter to them.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because of some errors that confused me and I didn't like the ending. It's so abrupt. The story is good and I recommend this book to my fellow readers who like to read fictional stories about family, career, love, and a twist of one's beliefs. There were part of the story that made me sad, confused, and at times I am also questioning the characters motives regarding their actions and the way they treated one another. Sometimes, we were so self-absorbed kind of person that we always forgot the importance of the people around us and even our family, either it's a family by blood or a family by heart.

I like the way William H. Coles delivered the meaning of the whole story. There's a lot of truth in this book that happened to the lives of many people out there. The story seems so really realistic to me and I can easily understand the flow of the story. I can also visualize the scenes, their arguments, their heartbreaks, and the devastation they felt when they realized that their actions caused agony and grief to the people who cared them.

Love is a strong and powerful emotion that everyone can feel and it can blind us when it comes to making difficult decisions. A lot of times, our heart overruled our mind and it makes us reckless because we believe that when it comes to love, our hearts always win. We always forgot that love comes in many forms. Loving someone doesn't mean that the person you love automatically reciprocate your feelings, and this kind of love always lead to heartaches. There are greater love like loving a family, a friend, a colleague, and even loving our work. Do not focus on the kind of love towards opposite sex because sometimes it wouldn't work out. Sometimes, a relationship simply doesn't work out, it runs its course and you will be alone. Learn how to value the people who were always by your side at all times and be grateful to them because they cared for you even if you were being difficult at times. Give importance to your family because they're the one who always understand you, and guide you all the way to your success.

The Spirit of Want
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like yeishen2018's review? Post a comment saying so!

Kremena Boyanova
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kremena-boyanova.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Kremena Boyanova »

I love your review! I love your thoughts and your understanding about the greatest feeling called "love" and the many forms it has. I read the book and I totally agree with you- it's a great book!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”