Review by Debjani Ghosh -- Pancake Money by Finn Bell

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
User avatar
Ronel_Steyn
Posts: 69
Joined: 08 Feb 2018, 11:41
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronel-steyn.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Re: Review by Debjani Ghosh -- Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Ronel_Steyn » 22 Oct 2018, 08:03

Great review!! Thank you so much. Pity about not getting any clarity as to the "why" of the murders. I also want to understand what drives them to do what they do.

User avatar
Debjani Ghosh
Posts: 670
Joined: 18 May 2018, 05:51
2018 Reading Goal: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 162
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh » 22 Oct 2018, 09:02

Ronel_Steyn wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 08:03
Great review!! Thank you so much. Pity about not getting any clarity as to the "why" of the murders. I also want to understand what drives them to do what they do.
Thanks for dropping by!

User avatar
fernsmom
Posts: 333
Joined: 07 Sep 2018, 06:17
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom » 29 Oct 2018, 21:38

What a great review! Makes me want to read it right now with your recommendation: "I will recommend it to anyone looking for a well-executed crime thriller".

User avatar
Debjani Ghosh
Posts: 670
Joined: 18 May 2018, 05:51
2018 Reading Goal: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 162
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh » 30 Oct 2018, 00:31

fernsmom wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 21:38
What a great review! Makes me want to read it right now with your recommendation: "I will recommend it to anyone looking for a well-executed crime thriller".
You won't regret reading this; however, the murder scenes have been relayed in detail, so, dive in only if you are not a squeamish person. :)

User avatar
Espie
Posts: 1544
Joined: 05 May 2018, 06:36
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 116
Currently Reading: The Force Awakens
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Espie » 02 Nov 2018, 23:13

Previously from the same career line myself, the author's emphasis on the personal sacrifices that uniformed personnel make in the name of public service is spot on. Your willingness to understand better a law-breaker's motives is also notable. Thank you for your insightful review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

User avatar
Shrabastee
Posts: 1004
Joined: 23 Mar 2018, 00:38
2019 Reading Goal: 30
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 16
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 185
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 308
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Shrabastee » 03 Nov 2018, 03:14

Loved your review! I have also read and reviewed this book, and found it an intense and engaging read. I believe the author has made his point on the effects of pain on human psyche quite well.

User avatar
Debjani Ghosh
Posts: 670
Joined: 18 May 2018, 05:51
2018 Reading Goal: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 162
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh » 03 Nov 2018, 09:23

Shrabastee wrote:
03 Nov 2018, 03:14
Loved your review! I have also read and reviewed this book, and found it an intense and engaging read. I believe the author has made his point on the effects of pain on human psyche quite well.
Yes, he has bluntly portrayed the effects of pain on the human psyche. Thanks for commenting!

User avatar
Debjani Ghosh
Posts: 670
Joined: 18 May 2018, 05:51
2018 Reading Goal: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 162
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh » 03 Nov 2018, 09:24

Espie wrote:
02 Nov 2018, 23:13
Previously from the same career line myself, the author's emphasis on the personal sacrifices that uniformed personnel make in the name of public service is spot on. Your willingness to understand better a law-breaker's motives is also notable. Thank you for your insightful review.
Thanks for dropping by!

Post Reply

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”