Review by Mumanyi -- The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mumanyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumanyi.html
Latest Review: Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Review by Mumanyi -- The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by Mumanyi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Surgeon's Wife" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Cole, is a fiction novel, focused on love, family values, ethics and societal morals. At the same time, highlight the corruption and decay of the greedy people, and there abuse of positions.

Mike, under the supervision of surgeon Clayton had grown into an accomplished surgeon. He now holds a higher position than Clayton, his guide, something that Clayton had selflessly pushed, natured and cohered. But Clayton started underperforming and making life threatening mistakes during operations, Mike being the chairman of the OR committee, is under pressure to take action against Clayton. How can he take drastic action against his mentor and guide? To make matters worse, he falls in love with Catherine, Clayton's wife. This forbidden relationship is certainly going to land them in deep danger, permanent damage and great lose that is going to be impossible to recover from.

I liked the buildup of the storyline, the more I read it the more I was attracted and entertained by the novel, this made it easier to concentrate and enjoy the novel. The characters are well developed all-round, especially the main characters, he (the author) breathed life into the characters making them seem real and alive, this strengthened the relationship between the story and me. The plot is well choreographed to accommodate a lot of issues and storylines without necessarily overwhelming plot; this made the flow of the story seamless and accommodating. The author sights great reference from around different fields and places, I am from Kenya and was shocked when the author made a correct and precise reference to an event that happens in Kenya. The author incorporated a great sense of humour in the story, even the most evil character like Clayton was hilarious and funny to read, this worked well in keeping me relaxed and entertained. Lastly, the emotional aspect of the story was very strong and almost tangible; I cried and laughed many times throughout the course of reading the story. However, I did not like the number of characters in the book; they were too many making it hard to coherently follow the story, more than once I had to go back and try to rediscover a certain character.

Contrary to the title of the book, which is boring by the way, the novel turned out to be very captivating and engaging, well organised and planned. The point intended by the author was well highlighted and addressed; because of this, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is professionally edited given that it contains very few errors, which does not affect the story.

Due to the strong allusion to medical terminology, I recommend this book to medical practitioners who love romantic and tragic stories or any romantic tragedy lovers out there. It is not sexual graphic hence can be read by readers of any age group.

The Surgeon's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Mumanyi's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”