Review by Laceyadams -- The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Laceyadams
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laceyadams.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Review by Laceyadams -- The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Laceyadams » 29 Aug 2018, 02:10

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I will first of all say I am not a big fan of historical war novels so I dived into the warramunga's war with a skeptical mind.

It started on an interesting note. What with the shooting and everything. I became captivated. Especially when Jacko took a breathtaking shot without even looking. It was like being in an action movie.
But what I noticed was, I thought the book was all about Jacko and Jamie from the review I read. But it is mostly about Jack O'Brian. And I thought since it's all about him, then the narrative should be from his point of view. He is the warramunga Afterall.
Instead it was taken from Jamie's perspective. Secondly, Jacko spoke good English because education was forced into him. I wonder why his sister couldn't speak even a little English.i couldn't understand what she was saying so I kept skipping all her lines. Jacko had to interpret everything she said making the action to be a bit boring.
From the first few chapters the book was very interesting until they had to leave Egypt. It got more interesting again when they had to find the villain but I have to say I knew who the villain was almost immediately.
The journey to find who the two robbers were was okay until we had to read a repeat of the journey coming back as well. I mean, we already got through all they had to do to catch them the first time, there was no need to also take us through the lengthy journey to prison again since it was mostly a repeat of the previous journey making the book unecessarily long.
The novel was supposed to be about the warramunga's war but I think there wasn't much information about the warramunga's tribe until the last chapter

I was disappointed with the fact that the villain was caught so easily. I was waiting for a battle of some sort but he just escaped (or they allowed him to) and then caught him again fairly quickly.

The book was well written with little or no typos as far as I could see. The author gave a good description of the war from Egypt with the role prostitutes played as spies both for the good side and the bad.

Overall, the book taught me that war novels are not boring if we take the time to read them. They are also very educative and enlightening. The author must have done extensive research before writing this piece.

I would give this book 3 OUT OF 4 🌟. It was worth my time. I felt like I was watching a movie the entire time I was reading it.

The Warramunga's War
View: on Bookshelves

Like Laceyadams's review? Post a comment saying so!

topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by topdan30 » 07 Sep 2018, 07:30

Thanks for the review. Yea it contains some unnecessary information just to add to its length

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”