Review by PeaceLoveNature44 -- Toni the Superhero

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PeaceLoveNature44
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading: Cows I Have Known
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peacelovenature44.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Review by PeaceLoveNature44 -- Toni the Superhero

Post by PeaceLoveNature44 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I read Toni The Superhero by R.D. Base and it was a great read for my child and myself! Toni is a superhero who is great at helping, playing with other kids, reading, dancing, and other great things. You see Toni with friends, and family members doing things that are appropriate for his age to do. It also shows how a superhero is just like us, and that there are more than just unnatural superpowers.

I love the book because it’s a great starting book for a child beginning to learn to read. Its illustrations are descriptive, and the colors used are fun and enjoyable. The book goes over some basic things a kid his age would be doing, like sweeping and helping, but also goes over things that he does as a superhero like saving animals and flying. He does physical activity in the book outside and inside the house, and the book also shows healthy food options in the illustrations. Toni is a great role model for kids, and I look forward to the next book.

I read Toni the Superhero to my 5-year-old boy, and he loved it. He was able to read the second time with it because of how it repeats sight words, and the colorful, descriptive illustrations helped guide him. He eventually will read it and point at the words because it is a simple book for kids around his age to learn the words too.

Most of all I liked the diversity it shows in the book. My children are mixed and it’s nice to see a book with diversity in it. I feel my child enjoys seeing a superhero that is of a different ethnicity then most that is around his age. I feel the kids playing together will help other kids see that diversity is great too. There were kids of all colors of the rainbow in there and that’s fantastic to help teach togetherness at that age.

The kids playing together, and him helping his parents helps teach the kids a lesson as well. It shows them social skills and chores are fun to learn and do. I feel any kids can relate in some way to this book and will enjoy reading it over and over again. It would be a good addition to any classroom or home to have for a child to help with learning. I have two other little ones who will read this, so it will be on our bookshelf for years to come.

I rate this book a 4 out of 4 because my son loved it, and that is what really counts. He loved the illustrations and that he could read it by memory with the illustrations easily the second time. It’s overall a great book to use in and out the classroom to help develop a young child’s mind. I recommend it to any parent wanting to help their child learn to read. Every child wants to be a superhero in some way, and this helps expand on the idea of what a superhero does and that they are just like us too!

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves | on Smashwords

Like PeaceLoveNature44's review? Post a comment saying so!
“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown:
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
PeaceLoveNature44

My son still has me read this book. I can not wait for the next one! Please let me know what you think of my review. Thank you so much for reading the review! :)
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown:
― Mahatma Gandhi
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

What I love the most about the book is that it appreciates diversity. Toni sounds like a good example for all kids.
PeaceLoveNature44

Oulababe wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 07:45 What I love the most about the book is that it appreciates diversity. Toni sounds like a good example for all kids.
Yes, I think that helped my son love it even more. He could really relate to the superhero. :) I recommend this book highly.
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
― Mahatma Gandhi

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”