Review by LaurenHaupt -- The Barnyard Buddies STOP for P...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Review by LaurenHaupt -- The Barnyard Buddies STOP for P...

Post by LaurenHaupt »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace" by Julie Penshorn.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I love reviewing children's books. My children get excited when I have a new book to read to them. The book I've just read not only had wonderful pictures but also had a beautiful theme. The book is called The Barnyard Buddies Stop For Peace. It was written by Julie Penshorn. The book is illustrated by Jorry Keith.

The book is about a bunch of animals who live together on a farm. They are all having some fun in the sun when it starts pouring down rain. Their friend, who is under the roof, doesn't realize he is not making room for his other friends. Instead of politely asking him to scoot over, the animals are getting angry and drenched. A wise owl hears their conversation. The owl teaches the animals a better way to solve their conflict so they can all get along better.

I enjoyed reading this book. I think there are many important lessons that children can learn from. Kids can learn about sharing, and how to communicate better with their friends. The owl shows kids what you can do if you get upset. Small children can learn about different animals and also about the weather. In the back of the book, there is extra information. There are 4 steps that can help children manage their anger. Some of the steps mention talking about how you feel and how to open your mind and brainstorm ideas. There is information about the creators of the book. There is a guide for parents and teachers. The guide is full of questions and activities you can participate in with your kids. There is also a song called, "Stop For Peace."

The pictures are very creative. The drawings are very colorful. If I had to change one thing about the animals it would be some of their names. There is a pig that is named Pig. There is also a donkey that is also named Grey Donkey. I thought the author could have been more creative.

I haven't noticed any grammar errors. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. I do not think the names of the animals would bother children. I think children 10 and under would mostly enjoy this book. I think parents and teachers would love it too. Other kids might prefer books with more words. This book was a delight to read. I hope many children can learn from it.

The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like LaurenHaupt's review? Post a comment saying so!
:techie-studyingbrown:
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

I too am an avid fan of animal books and this one sounds like real fun. I love how the wise old owl was able to make peace among the animals. Thank you for a fresh and an exciting review of this book.
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

I am glad you enjoyed this book. Thanks for the insightful review.
Having reviewed the same book myself, please feel to look at mine. Thanks.
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=81691
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

crediblereading2 wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 17:58 I too am an avid fan of animal books and this one sounds like real fun. I love how the wise old owl was able to make peace among the animals. Thank you for a fresh and an exciting review of this book.
Your welcome. Thank you.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Ruba Abu Ali wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 02:00 I am glad you enjoyed this book. Thanks for the insightful review.
Having reviewed the same book myself, please feel to look at mine. Thanks.
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=81691
I will. Thank you.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Wow, I would call your review an in depth analysis of the book! You took me on an interesting journey through the book. Sounds like a fun read loaded with important lessons for children. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

I like it more for the fact that it can help kids with anger management to prevent them from growing up with anger, that will end up being a hassle to manage once they are adults.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Rosemary Khathibe wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 05:04 I like it more for the fact that it can help kids with anger management to prevent them from growing up with anger, that will end up being a hassle to manage once they are adults.
True. Book can be good for adults too.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Cotwani wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 01:29 Wow, I would call your review an in depth analysis of the book! You took me on an interesting journey through the book. Sounds like a fun read loaded with important lessons for children. Great review!
Thank you!
Raya raymond
Currently Reading: One for the Road
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raya-raymond.html
Latest Review: Triumph Over Tears by Nava Chernoff

Post by Raya raymond »

I read this book and I agree with you about the important lessons it has for children out there. Nice review!
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Raya raymond wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 11:59 I read this book and I agree with you about the important lessons it has for children out there. Nice review!
Thank you.
Nma26
Currently Reading: Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nma26.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Nma26 »

I love colourful pictures, especially when used in a children's book.Nice review.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Nma26 wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 21:58 I love colourful pictures, especially when used in a children's book.Nice review.
Thank you.
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

I love the fact that the pictures are very creative and the drawings are very colourful.That would appeal to children.Thanks for the nice review.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

C-Extra22 wrote: 02 Sep 2018, 06:38 I love the fact that the pictures are very creative and the drawings are very colourful.That would appeal to children.Thanks for the nice review.
They are. Thank you.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”