Review by Wintrjewel1226 -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wintrjewel1226
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wintrjewel1226.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Review by Wintrjewel1226 -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Wintrjewel1226 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami is full of mystery, suspense, and love. All Angela Renatus wanted was to respectfully make her way into the art history world. With an internship gone awry and an offer to work with an art recovery private investigator, Alex Caine, life choices were already overwhelming. Enlisting help from Alex, Angela tries to sort through a series of nightmares and visions. As they try to uncover the mysterious themes, two things are for sure. There is a love connection that links to Leonardo da Vinci and someone is trying to kill them.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. If you enjoy dramatic, historical love stories with a splash of mystery and the supernatural, this book will earn your appreciation. This story provides a balance between several genres and pulls together an intriguing story of love and mystery. The references to art were simple enough that I could understand what was being shared despite having no background or knowledge about it prior to reading the book.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, but there was one thing I did not like about the story. The love plot between the two main characters, Alex and Angela, tended to follow the plot journey of many other romantic novels. I continued to try and follow this piece of the book with an open mind, but there was predictability in what would happen next for the two characters’ evolving relationship.

However, the historical aspects and mystery of this book were extremely fun, making the one predictable plot line seem minor compared to the many other aspects provided by the author. Italy is a beautiful country and the descriptions about the characters’ travels through the bigger cities and vineyards was delightful. The intimate stories about past historical figures makes a reader feel as though they also knew Leonardo da Vinci on a personal level. There were some brief detailed sex scenes, but they were not distasteful and did not distract from the plot as can sometimes happen when authors include these in their books.

Overall, this book was exciting to read. Trying to piece together the mystery and the connection between the multiple plot lines was entertaining. I had a hard time putting the book down and made extra time in my day to read a little more. The personable connections to historical figures was one of my favorite parts of this book.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Wintrjewel1226's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”