Review by sandra113 -- The Surgeon's Wife

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sandra113
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra113.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Review by sandra113 -- The Surgeon's Wife

Post by sandra113 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Surgeon's Wife" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

THE SURGEON'S WIFE by William H. Coles Review

THE SURGEON'S WIFE is an amazing story about love, romance and drama. It revolves around the life of two surgeons, Mike Boudreaux and Clayton Otherson. Clayton becomes egocentric, he suddenly does not care about anyone but himself. This behavior drifted him away from his family and friends. No one is able to explain his erratic behavior. This raises concerns in the hospital as he becomes a danger to his patients. Mike Boudreaux who was Claytons student and currently his boss receives complain about Clayton. He tries to figure out what is wrong and how to help him, but all in vain.

The greatest problem is that Clayton is unable to admit his wrongs and continues to blame others for his failures. His poor performance at work led to the death of a patient, causing him to lose his job and title. A crisis is born when Mike fells in love with Clayton's wife, Catherine. The feeling of betrayal, hate, and anger consumes Clayton, his desire for revenge turns him wild. He blames Mike for all his problems. Fighting against all odds, Mike and Catherine struggle to make things work.

Life may not always give you what you desire, is the greatest lesson I gained from this story. The unexpected tragedy occurs as Clayton kills his wife. All hope is gone, dreams are shattered. I could barely imagine what Mike was feeling at that moment.

I genuinely enjoyed reading this book, right from the beginning to the end. William's writing was very clear and simple which amazed me. The story was not only emotional but also catchy. I could not afford to take a break for any reason, not even sipping water. The urge to know what happened next consumed me continually as I carefully navigated through the book.

The ending was never predictable. This was the most impressive thing about this book. Each chapter brought out a unique experience. Everyone wants a happy ending story, despite this, the author was able to deliver a compelling and satisfying story with a saddening end. Though the story is a fiction, the narrator, made it more realistic. Truly, dreams may not always come true.

This book was completely satisfactory. I can not pinpoint any reason to dislike any part of it. I recommend anyone with a passion for romance stories to obtain a copy of this book. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I would love to read more from William Coles. His creativity is absolutely incredible. As a lover of fantasy, I encourage him to write more stories with emotional happy endings.

The Surgeon's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like sandra113's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”