Review by Harzelryan -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harzelryan
Favorite Book: The Hand Bringer
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harzelryan.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review by Harzelryan -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Harzelryan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 2" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches 2 by H M Irwing is the second book of the bad boy vibes series. The book is a romance thriller which revolves around two lovebirds Anna and Rafe who were seeking on how to heal the tragedy they had experience from the past. The novel is a sequel and I had not read the first book which really affected my experience but I finally caught up as the novel progressed.

Both Anna and Rafe were victims of rape. Anna suffered a horrific betrayal by her boyfriend she was deeply in love with. Rafe who had been having nightmares almost choked Anna to death without meaning to. Anna herself was so obsessed with Rafe in that she was ready to die for him but not in his hands. She was so worried about him that she found no time for herself.

Anna had a best friend Pat with whom Rafe felt insecure about him despite him being gay. They made an arrangement on telling pat's parents that he was gay. Pat met the love of his life Dan who wanted him to marry her sister so that they can make love secretly. In the process of the visit, Rafe learned that his aunt wanted to marry Eric the person who sexually abused him. It really troubled him and after persuading her aunt not to marry him his pleas fell on deaf ears. They finally decide to map a plan on how to stop the wedding.

Even though the author portrays violence, intense sex scenes, and the inclusion of rape Heartaches 2 is still a very interesting novel. The author did a splendid job in mapping the plot and use of suspense at the end of the chapters. This keeps the reader eager and leaves him/her guessing on what will happen next. The author was able to bring out various themes with the theme of intense love and hate the characters had for each other.

I wouldn't skip the mention of a homosexual relationship. Some of the readers would want to avoid a story if most of the characters are homosexuals. The detailed homosexual sex the author portrays is irritating and can leave a sour taste in the reader's mouth. Moreover, this book has no conclusive ending and the author has written a sequel to this novel.

In conclusion, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. There are fewer typos, misspellings, and grammatical errors. The novel is great and enjoyable to read because the plot is promising. I will recommend this book to anyone who is intrigued by a romance thriller and not the youngsters of anyone who is triggered by violence and intense sexual scenes.

Heartaches 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Harzelryan's review? Post a comment saying so!
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Nice review on this romantic novel by Irving who is expert in crafting such scenes and compiling them into such romantic thriller book. Hope you liked his work.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

I love your thoughts on this book, however, your summary is a bit confusing. Thank you for your review :)
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
sanykip
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanykip.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by sanykip »

I love your review. This book sounds enjoyable, i think it will be a great read for me.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

I agree with you that despite the violence and sex scenes, the book is still a good read. It teaches endurance, forgiveness and courage. Thank you for your comprehensive review of this book.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

I have read and written the review of Heartaches 2 by I.M Irwing. Anna Walters-Simmons acts as protagonist character in the story who suffered from cruelty, rapist and remorseless behaviors from her closely linked people. She is passing from a very poor condition full of grief but also trying to come back to its normal position with the desire of vengeance. Raphael Russo Brown, often called Rafe is the boyfriend of Anna and remains with in all of the difficulties suffered by her because all the conditions had also been suffered by him. The erroneous and disturbed mental conditions of both members bring them to a unity and match. Thanks for your great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”