Review by GOBZY SAM -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
GOBZY SAM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gobzy-sam.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Review by GOBZY SAM -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

Post by GOBZY SAM »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Hello,my view about this book is that it is a good one specifically for children.The graphics are great and colouring is well,thanks to the ipad pro used for the illustrations. The font style is favourable and enjoying for kids to read and enjoy and also mixing of different colours in single sentences makes the book enjoying and fun to read.

However as any other book,there are always some mistakes. The punctuation was not appropriate at some point for example,the sentence "Or maybe the
squish-mushed chewing gum I stuck in this book last year?". I don't think this phrase needed a question mark as i see no question in the sentence.Another one is this sentence"But do you have any
idea what it is?". This is not correct as it also doesn't require a question mark.

Question marks are only put on sentences that start in questions with first word being a question like what,when,where, how,who,whom,among others.The other negative I saw is in the title,the book is about Sigfried's smelly socks but it talks about a lot of things about other family members who did smelly things and only brings in the main topic at the end of the book.This makes the reader wait for so long before reviewing the main content in the title.

The book is fun to read but so brief, anyway maybe because it pimaliry will be enjoyed by kids.The book would look better if the title was looking at Sigfried's smelly family since most of it is talking about the family.

The book is a fair one and it's beauty is that it incorporates humour as well as good words used.The humour comes in the sentence that connect to each other and makes the book flow from the first page to the last one. I liked the part where the message portrayed is shown in the image besides it. It made the story worth reading. Images sell in peoples minds and the fact that this book has good cartoon like,it will stay in minds of readers.

I credit the book a score of 2 out of 4 because the title comes in the final pages of the book and makes the reader wait long before getting to know the main topic since the readers are always attracted by the title and on reading, disappointment sets in.Otherwise this book is so good for kids to enjoy.

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like GOBZY SAM's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”