Review by Faithmwangi -- Yesterday by Samyann

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review by Faithmwangi -- Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Faithmwangi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If a promise is unfulfilled, a bad decision is made, a vow broken; in one’s life, there are those that believe its effect can carry to the next life. Yes, people, we are talking about reincarnation. This was the case in the book Yesterday by Samyann.

After careful consideration, Amanda Parker decides she is better off without a couple of things in her life. First, was therapy. Having a shrink constantly ask her, “and how did that make you feel?” Was no longer going to cut it. Another thing she was ready and willing to let go off was love. Who needed it? All it ever managed to do was cause her pain and misery. Anyone who dared to get close to her died (dead parents, brother and fiancé). Enough was enough.

The first time Amanda met Officer Mark Callahan was when she was saving him from a near death experience. From the moment they cross paths, it is certain that they have met before. The chemistry is undeniable. But where, where have they met before? When a hypnotising clock also gets into the picture, something has to be done. The mystery has to be unravelled. This begins a journey of Amanda Parker regressing to her past self Bonnie Lexington. The discoveries she makes are nerve-racking. Past life therapy is dangerous not forgetting upsetting. With her sanity on the line, will Amanda pull through?

Saying that I enjoyed this book feels like an understatement. Every time I had to let it go, was like a punishment on my part. The pacing was great right from the beginning. The themes coupled in this book include; love, hope, death. It also carries teachable moments such as perseverance. Also, it teaches us that a family doesn’t necessarily mean blood ties.

This book is filled with humour but also has its tissue moments. It allows you to see and feel as the characters through its properly crafted imagery. Additionally, the author properly develops the characters.

The plots undoing, however, is the dragging at the end. It was already clear what was going to happen but the author chose to drag it on which became off-putting. Other than that I only noticed one grammatical error, meaning the book was professionally edited.

I gladly give this book 4 out of 4 stars because of its intriguing and supremely enjoyable nature. I recommend it to anyone with a good sense of humour and loves romance. However, if you dislike curse words then I discourage you from pursuing this book.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Faithmwangi's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Great review, glad you liked this book. I read it myself a while back and while it was entertaining to me the characters have not passed the test of time to me - there are some books that I read probably 7 years ago or even more and the characters are still very much alive in my mind - I can remember cheering them on and hoping that the story never ends and still at the same time that the story ends so I can be out of my paradoxical blissful misery of wanting to know what happens next to so and so...Lol.
Once again, great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”